SGX Wins OurStage $5,000 April Grand Prize!!! Thank You OCR!

zircon

I got like 25 new orders from my webstore in 1 hour last night. So 25 people were downloading gigs of music at the same time. My host auto-disabled a script somewhere, but its a bit greek to me and the store still seems to be functioning. Let me know if you have any problems.

I got like 25 new orders from my webstore in 1 hour last night. So 25 people were downloading gigs of music at the same time. My host auto-disabled a script somewhere, but its a bit greek to me and the store still seems to be functioning. Let me know if you have any problems.

Only thing I'm worried about on the store is that the page to sign up with your name and address info isn't a secured page. I'm a bit wary of entering personal info on a non-secure site :/.

Only thing I'm worried about on the store is that the page to sign up with your name and address info isn't a secured page. I'm a bit wary of entering personal info on a non-secure site :/.

Hmmm. I'll look into it.

You can always put in fake info since you aren't paying anything it is no problem.

:shock:

now it's all making sense.. when my first ReMix got posted, someone hacked the accounts and flamed me bad (yup, it was on the same day as my debut-mix) ..

at the same time Sam reviewed my remix at VGMix saying he enjoyed it alot .. then he got banned like a few days later from everything and his "label" died ..

longebane stood up for me in the OCR-forums when this "unknown" hacker flamed me ..

if all this is true, this might be some cover-up plan from Ari's side to diverse attention from the two "helpers" .. but hell, i might be terribly wrong too .. i love shnabu's work .. his pianoplaying is just terrific ..

i don't have any info regarding JH though .. :?

EDIT. oh and yeah .. grats Danny! u deservez it .. :D

Congrats! I only had time for about 100 votes this month, so not as much bumping up of OCR people as I would've liked. Is there a page that shows the overall standings? I can only seem to find the #1 song in each category or standing by category, not standing in the semifinals. I'm curious to see where other songs like Red July and Furious George ended up.

http://www.ourstage.com/bestof/38-music-finals

These aren't the full standings... not sure where you get those... but I think Furious George was 11-20ish, and Red July was about 11-14.

This month I've entered in a new genre, Instrumental Rock. I'm curious about how I'll do there - check my OurStage profile to hear my entry.

http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/zircon

haha, what's that supposed to mean :<

It means you're letting your imagination get the best of you. Ari did not pose as Sam and Long to distract people, and it benefits nobody to spread hypothetical conspiracy theories like that.

Edit:

Dhsu, Platonist: Ari did the OurStage cheating on Longebane and Sam's behalf. Sam told me himself.

Right. The script was a test run so he could supposedly use it for his own songs at some point.

Sam's mistake was not letting anybody know about this even though he knew about it, which is unfortunate. His priorities and sense of ethics could definitely use some work, but he's still not the monster some people have made him out to be.

Congrats, SGX! While I didn't have a chance to vote during the finals, I did vote for you at the quarter-finals.

Also, uh, clicking on the store link doesn't work. It just brings me to a bunch of directories.

Yes, looks like something is borked.

However, workaround until it gets fixed:

http://protagonistrecords.net/buy/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

This link works.

I always rated "Come Over" well! I don't think it's that people are racist, but many African American genres just don't appeal to a broad audience. Same with some of the harder metal stuff.

EDIT: appeal, not appear... :P

Pixie, ya know I love ya, but that's gotta be one of the most "off" remarks you could say. Not that it's racist or anything, but if you're in any major city (or even outside of them), "urban" music is completely taking over. Not even just the ubiquitous crappy pop hip hop and R&B which is all over, but even pop stations are now playing stuff that's predominantly black or "urban," inspired - look at Justin Timberlake, Britney, Nelly Furtado, Madonna, etc... all being primarily produced by black producers to make a very urban sound...

I'd agree that the people who look to find new types of music online and vote in these competitions are not exactly the same fans of the "urban" genres, and I think it's a question of venue instead of race. But the audience of urban genres is absolutely gargantuan compared to that of most of the stuff you find online at these sites.

Go to any typical record store - you'll find a huge hip hop and R&B section, and typically a small section with electronica / dance (and an even smaller one with classical!)

I'm not saying it doesn't suck, I'm just saying that's the way it is. BOO! =(

After Jillian won last time, I haven't bothered with this site at all (too busy), but congrats to sgx on the win! Your new album is fantastic anyway, so I picked it up today. I saw something about you signing copies, is that right? Think that's possible? I only have one other signed CD: "One Cell in the Sea" by A Fine Frenzy, so it'd be cool to be all special and whatnot :<

McVaffe: I agree with what you've said about the "urban" sound takeover in pop music, but I'd at least contest that Barnes & Nobles has a pitiful spit of a hip-hop/R&B section. They basically put any of the non-black rappers in the Pop/Rock section (except Eminem, haha).

Haha, McVaffe... I didn't mean in general; I meant the OurStage audience, which is very "indie." I should have made that clear, sorry.

i agree. ourstage tends to be SOOO indie, and it means that there's not a lot of good hard rock/metal type stuff (which i like), or a significant amount of good rap. there is a few great tracks out there, though, i've got to admit that. i love just putting different genres on and listening to a ton of new music.

Haha, McVaffe... I didn't mean in general; I meant the OurStage audience, which is very "indie." I should have made that clear, sorry.

I picked up on that when I read your first post about it. I mean, the Internet is filled with nerdy white kids and the rest who aren't are MySpace addicts who like black music. :P

As promised, I did the drawing for my CD giveaway and the winner is none other than Sinewav. Sinewav, you can expect your free CD once I put the finishing touches on my album (which is about 95% complete). Thanks for the votes!

I'll be making a forum preview post soon btw.

Ha, for real? I thought you were only doing that if you won. Thanks, man. OCR bias aside, your track was by far one of my favs. I'm looking forward to hearing more like it.