PRC119: Embark on a Journey of Re-Orchestration! (Tales of Symphonia)

Rexy

Well psycho It's not much the program you use but how you use it, I know some people like Malcos and another soundscape use Reason, and their stuff does sound awesome but there are also others like Zircon who use Fruity Loops and get the same awesome results. I think Sir_NutS used Fruity Loops as well.

I use Reason atm btw (I used trackers but recently changed).

It's not much the program you use but how you use it,

true, it doent help that all ive heard mostly come out of that fruity loops from a long time ago before ever knowing of this place has been total epic fail by people who really couldnt write anything, kinda made me just think the program must be pretty rubbish so never given it the time of day. Would actually like to hear the results of something that has been done by someone who knows what the heck they are actually doing with fruity loops :P

I seem to hold reason in high reguards also just because i know that VNV nation uses it for his work and he can get some decent sounds out of it, not decent songs mind but awsome sounds :P haha ^-^

I mostly use Logic now (I'm on a mac) but I've used FL in the past and it's definitely a capable app. The problem is that it has a learning curve just like any other app, but FL's learning curve encourages certain bad habits. This is probably because it was originally a glorified drum machine. Underneath its powerful new features, it still bears much of that original framework and if you don't take the time to learn it, all you'll end up creating is cell-based, mechanical quasi-techno.

That's how I see it anyway.

Anything by:

Zircon

Beatdrop

Sir_NutS

Prophecy

Darkesword

chthonic

DragonLord

Harmony

J:/Drive

I know there must be others but these are the ones I'm aware of.

Had time to listen through some of these peoples work, the program sounds good in the right hands it seems ^-^ Quite impressed with certain intruments/sounds and things by certain people but not going to go into detail. I should really maybe give FL another look, I got like 3 differnt versions of the damn program :P

For what it's worth, I'm gonna' agree with Showroom in that the user has much more to do with the quality of the piece than the program. I too use Fruity Loops and most of my stuff sounds like...well...loop spelled backwards with a silent l. (That's right, I admit it!)

I've noticed a slow but noticible improvement in what I create the longer I've used the program. And I think that has a lot to do with it too. Getting to know the ins and outs and functions of a program, that only comes with time and use. And your piece did sound good, so your energy and time might be better spent playing around with more of functions of Cubase than learning an entirely new system.

*DISCLAIMER*

munchi does not make awesome music and any opinions on how to make awesome music are pure speculation