OCR01706 - Mario Kart 64 "Day's End"

djpretzel

Man I was waiting for this song to get passed by the judges. When I heard the wip, I thought, 'Wow, this'll make it through for sure.' I had no idea there was so much more to the song I hadn't heard! A revolutionary take on the ending theme to MK64. Fantastic job!

Ack! This is so cheesy! This is like an 80's prom version with hints of Chariots of Fire. The production is pretty good, but that's about all I'm enjoying here. That's probably more a fault of the style this was arranged in than anything else.

EDIT: Sorry for what I said. This is actually an excellent piece of music.

Edited by oakthielbar
I was an asshole

Wow, this is really incredible. I was lying on my bed when this shuffled on, and it sent me flying. I just have this relaxed and joyous feeling right now, and I'll have it everytime I listen to this.

Awesome work, fellas :cry:

Mmmmm creamy. :nicework: Yeah this def has that late 80's early 90's vibe. I think the style is perfect for the source tune. This is really a high quality song. I wish some of the dynamics were more apparent. I can hear the big drums hits but I can't feel them really shake the ground from my subwoofer. That's my only nit pick. The guitar was an excellent choice to round out the mix, very well played too!

I bet everyone else is kicking themselves for not thinking of rearranging this fantastic track first. I'm amazed it took so long for someone to think of making an OCReMix out of it. Thanks for doing it as I had been waiting for this ever since I heard of OCReMix. As cheesy as this track can get, it's very fitting. If you haven't heard it, MK64's ending theme was, dare I say, TOO epic? I mean, it sounded like I saved the universe every time I finished MK64. It wouldn't do the source material any justice if it also wasn't epic. I'm glad it turned out that way.

This OC ReMix will go down as one of my all-time favorites! You bothdid a great job and this song is so peaceful yet it still has edge! I can't wait for your next one. God, I feel like I'm flying when I listen to this....

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01706 - Mario Kart 64 "Day's End"