i'm looking for a way to transport LCD computer monitors

prophetik music

I'm assuming you have a car...

What I did was put the monitor on a seat with the screen facing the backrest of the seat. Then I put a seatbelt around it like it was a little kid. Put a towel around it too if you want. My monitor has been in pristine condition since the day I got it.

well, my computer gets one seat, and my monitors generally get the other ones in my car.

however, i'm looking for an actual strap to carry them around. i know they exist, they were all over magfest's LAN room last year. i just don't know where anyone got them. to tell the truth, i wouldn't mind a nice strap for my computer, too - the one i've got is a little old and worn.

• 7 months later...

Took a couple of minutes of googling different combination's of words before anything other then heavy duty cases and monitor/case combos came up. Really doesn't look like there is much more out there then that. There is always your mom, assuming she can do that sort of thing :P

The more I think about it, the more I think I could use a pair of these. I tossed out the boxes a while back and although I don't move the LCDs to often, some sort of carrying case could come in handy. Since I'm student poor at the moment, I may just hunt down a large piece of cardboard and some thin foam and make something out of that.