Record deal & new breakbeat single release on Beatport

zircon

I didn't say much about this, but I actually signed a small record deal with a progressive dance label, Progressive Grooves, late last year. Non-exclusive, of course, so really, more of a distribution deal. Anyway, PG has a whopping 38 releases so I was pleased to add a two-track EP, System, to their catalog. It is available on basically every digital retailer, from Beatport, to iTunes, Juno Records, DJDownload, etc. Here are a couple links;

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/104205/system

http://djdownload.com/artist/zircon/378564

http://www.junodownload.com/ppps/products/1307144-02.htm

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=276233823&s=143441 (iTunes)

One of the songs, "Lather to the Sky" (heh) is actually a remaster of a tune from Antigravity, but the other track, the titular "System", is all-new. I'm really proud of it - if you like artists such as Hybrid, BT, and Way Out West, you will definitely like this one. And of course, if you like my remixes or any of my previous album releases, you won't be disappointed. System is, IMO, one of my best productions.

If you want to pick up the album, I recommend Beatport. Not just because of the ads they have on OCR, either. ;) It's just a great place to preview (and buy) dance tunes, plus there's no DRM and the MP3 quality is very high. You pay a little more for the quality (~$2 a track) but it's worth it. Prices in other stores for this release are in that same $1.50-2.00 range or so, with the exception of iTunes ($1/track) but iTunes also carries the most restrictions and lowest quality.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy System. Feel free to post your thoughts! In the next few months, I'll be doing another, bigger release through PG which is gonna be killer.

I'm hyped up to get it already. You say it's your best production? There is only one response to that: to listen for myself. I FINALLY have income again, so back to buying copious ammounts of music it is!

I wanna pick up Antigravity too, so what's the way that benefits you the most, Zircon?

Ah! EDIT: Congrats on the "distribution" deal, btw! I wish more OC artists were blessed in a similar manner (that got them paid, you know?).

Thanks bro. If you want the physical copy of AG, the best place to get it is www.cdbaby.com/zircon3 ... well, really the only place. In terms of what I get the largest cut from, a digital copy from my own website (www.zirconstudios.com/store.html) would be the best way - it's also the highest quality digital download (WAV) you will get.

I'd already picked this one up a couple of days prior to reading this (coincidentally I've been wondering why there wasn't a topic about it here...:P)(I was also wondering why my itunes alerts told me that some l4m3 rap artist had something new out, but not zircon...:?), and its good. I did notice the similarity between Antigravity and Lather, so its good to know I'm not going crazy :P

Been really diggin this song the past few days, Like I said in my iTunes review(come on everyone, REVIEW IT!!!) "Even though it clocks in at 5:37 this track keeps you going and interested"

Andy's not even giving you guys the full story, probably out of modesty... Apparently Progressive Grooves is even going to make his track a big, featured release. ^-^

O RLY!?! Neat!

Been really diggin this song the past few days, Like I said in my iTunes review(come on everyone, REVIEW IT!!!) "Even though it clocks in at 5:37 this track keeps you going and interested"

O RLY!?! Neat!

Thanks man - I did see your review, and I appreciate it!

This release isn't the *big* one... that one will be in a few months, around July 8. And when I say it's gonna be awesome, I mean it. The owner of the label is building it up to be PG's main release, it looks like, so I'm very, very excited. Global Trance can tell you... he heard a little bit of it :)

Glad everyone is digging these tunes though one way or another!

Thanks man - I did see your review, and I appreciate it!

This release isn't the *big* one... that one will be in a few months, around July 8. And when I say it's gonna be awesome, I mean it. The owner of the label is building it up to be PG's main release, it looks like, so I'm very, very excited. Global Trance can tell you... he heard a little bit of it :)

Glad everyone is digging these tunes though one way or another!

Something like that. >_>

Shhhh...

ladder/lather to the sky is my favorite zircon track, so i'm glad to see it get a little more love.

you will not see me endorsing a lot of other artists on this site, so when i say that you'll be getting your two bucks worth from this single/b side or whatever you want to call it, know that i mean it.

seriously though, i hate zircon as a person, and hope he goes deaf in the next year :(

I got 'em both! That System EP was fantastic. CD Baby and UPS are teaming up to bring me the other goodies.

Heh... while I was doing so, I clicked on sgx's pretty sig picture and was hit by the demo track for his new album, so I ordered that as well!

...and while I was at CD Baby I finally picked up my copy of "A Terrible Flood" by an aquaintence of mine, Esselfortium. If you like, say, Boards of Canada or Joe Boyd Vigil, he's your man.

Any other kickass artists with a new album out? :P

Besides Jillian. You're already next on my hitlist >.>

• 3 months later...

I know I'm coming in on this late, but I finally picked this EP up and it's definitely awesome I must say.

"Lather to the Sky" or "Ladder to the Sky" is really energetic and upbeat. Just like the rest of your music. Awesome stuff Andrew.

I'm transferring this to my PSP.