Megaman 8 - Tenguman's Stage (Saturn)

Limes

Hi,

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the genre itself, however, these are my first impressions after listening to the song a couple of times:

You are probably right in that it might differ from the original a little too much, perhaps it would be a good idea to accentuate the melody just a little bit more? It's not as it is totally unrecognizable, it's just not obviously the same song either. You should bear in mind that I was unfamiliar with the original work until I listened to the link you provided.

Production wise, it sounds pretty good. Some observations though. The intro has some problems in the high frequency range, it almost gives me a headache. Perhaps the MP3-format is to blame here? Also, the low end is a little dominant, at least to my taste. I would definitely lower the bass. The mix is somewhat muddy, especially from 2:19. Again, lowering the bass would be a good start to bring in some clarity.

The energy is good. Good dynamical use as well.

Overall, from my limited experience of the genre, I think you've got something going there.

Hope any of this was helpful to you.