Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD

Sir_NutS

This is actually the type of Sonic game I'd fall for. SEGA should take note. They absolutely must make a nostalgia-based game instead of throwing in new characters, new features, and clashing game mechanics. Maybe not an exact copy of the game, though that would be sweet, but maybe something along the lines of what New Super Mario Bros did for Mario.

"WHOA, nice graphics!"

"I'd like to my hands on THAT game!"

Ok, now it's time for the periodic request for Gux's Powerglove commercial remix.

But yeah, if Sega was smart, they'd pull those guys in and pay for that game, then make a boatload of cash off it from WiiWare, rather than C&D it.

Sadly, "Sega" and "Smart" don't go well in the same sentence lately.

I'm not usually a graphics whore but when someone touches up my favorite franchise like this, they will be getting geek fan-mail from me.

When I saw the graphics comparison pics, I felt like I was looking at some kind of diet commercial.

(Sonic before the HD plan)- loveable, but ew...

(Sonic after the HD plan)- new sexiness.

Can't comment on the BG music, yet because I haven't listened to it, but hopefully they'll just use lots of OCremixes. I believe Dshu said they are already considering going that route.

For the love of god don't release anything until it's done idiots. You're just ASKING to be C&D'd.

To be fair, they really didn't. The project was just starting in related forum threads when somebody not part of the team mentioned it at NeoGAF, and it exploded from there. They were basically forced to admit what they were doing at that point.

Since they were only a week and a half into graphic work and hadn't even started seriously considering what engine they were going to use, pissed isn't the word for what they were.