Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD

Sir_NutS

On the contrary, it would seem to depend on your reference material.

[bIBLE QUOTING]

I dare say mine is somewhat more well known.

Except you ultimately fail because if you had any kind of reading comprehension skills you would see that Suzu was portraying an angry, militant MUSLIM:

I'm going to give this soundtrack a listen. And I swear to Allah, if these are not the greatest MIDI rips ever conceived since Abraham nearly sacrificed Ishmael, I am going to declare Jihad against the infidels perpetrating this most unholy, blasphemous diatribe.

And as one of the few Muslims who posts here at OCR, I can tell you that Muslims believe that it was not Isaac who was to be sacrificed in the name of God, but Ishmael.

http://www.amaana.org/arch/ismail.htm

:roll:

this thread got derailed harder than if the ghost of unmod itself had done it

Moogle, the primary reason people aren't offering help to the project is that this is merely a discussion thread. There was nothing requesting help or anything and I doubt that people would normally volunteer to help and post as such on a board that has no direct relation to the project.

BUT, seeing as there is now at least one project leader reading and posting in the thread (I didn't count) I don't see why someone couldn't volunteer now.

As for enthusiastic people, the first page or so has plenty of gushing people that you might have missed.

Yeah, DS, I know. I was just explaining that I was coming from the judeo-Christian standpoint, in other words, everybody's right, at least in this context. As soon as Suzu quits the 'roids, I think we can all pretty much go on being happy and bashing the project leaders for their personal preferences with regards to otic aesthetics again.

As for an example of a cover done right, I've always been a fan of falkon2's rendition of Emerald Hill Zone. There's some Green Hill Zone at the end, but it cuts off because he never finished it.

You might also recognize him as the same person who brought us "One-Winged Hutt". Although probably not, because OLRemix still hasn't fixed the credits. :P

this thread got derailed harder than if the ghost of unmod itself had done it

Moogle, the primary reason people aren't offering help to the project is that this is merely a discussion thread. There was nothing requesting help or anything and I doubt that people would normally volunteer to help and post as such on a board that has no direct relation to the project.

BUT, seeing as there is now at least one project leader reading and posting in the thread (I didn't count) I don't see why someone couldn't volunteer now.

As for enthusiastic people, the first page or so has plenty of gushing people that you might have missed.

I wasn't just refering to the musical aspect of the project.

I should have expected this from this forum. Few people here seem to have gotten past their 16th birthday.

I don't mind the idea of MIDI rips for the purposes of this project, and I don't think most of the people posting here really do either. I just don't think the soundfonts assigned are all that good.

The "poor" part, unfortunately, is in the sounds and mixing: a lot of it is extremely muddy in places, and drowning in reverb; some of these instrument sounds, especially the brasses, don't come off much better than their FM counterparts, or even the sounds from default Audigy Soundfonts. Even using the same MIDIs, they could be done better.

Yes.

P.S. There's a track for Hidden Palace there. Is that making it into the game?

Old, old, OLD news. I saw that exact Death Egg picture about a year ago, it was dugg several months back, and now is making the rounds again.

I don't have high hopes for this project. If it becomes anything other than vaporware, it will probably share the same fate as the Chrono Resurrection project. Now, if SEGA were doing this officially, or gives it the thumbs-up, I'd be quite excited for this, as I'm a huge fan of classic Sonic. I just don't think either of those will happen.

I wasn't just refering to the musical aspect of the project.

Nor was I.

Old, old, OLD news. I saw that exact Death Egg picture about a year ago, it was dugg several months back, and now is making the rounds again.

The "screenshot" is old, yes. The news is that there's actual ground work being accomplished here.

The "screenshot" is old, yes. The news is that there's actual ground work being accomplished here.

Hmm, the only progress I see now is art. The only progress I saw a year ago was art. Sure, there's a bit more now, but I think this has gotten way too much attention. This won't exist unless:

-Necessary disassembly and programming is done (HUGE task, much more difficult than the vector graphics trickling in now)

-SEGA doesn't interfere to protect the copyright they rightfully own (HUGE gamble).

-Necessary music arrangements are written

-ALL art is done

Perhaps I'm just bitter about Chrono Resurrection, but I've yet to see a *fan* project like this meet with success.

-Necessary disassembly and programming is done (HUGE task, much more difficult than the vector graphics trickling in now)

Well Taxman is doing the programming, and he's the guy who did the Sonic Retro engine and the new Sonic XG Retro engine (which I think was just adapted from the Retro engnie, but anyway). So, uh...already got a hell of a head start on that?

Hmm, the only progress I see now is art. The only progress I saw a year ago was art.

The Death Egg picture has nothing to do with this (that was just some random fan who makes fake HD images of several games), so there was no progress a year ago as this project didn't exist then. Your bitterness is completely valid, but I just want to make clear what's involved with what here.

oh WOW this thread goes places. From sonic to the bible to my sig.

I don't have a problem with the songs being midi rips and the such, after all this is more of a remaster of the game (graphically and sound-wise) than a remix(which would be more in the veins of what nintendo did for metroid zero Mission). Of course, some level of interpretation would be good in the "remastered" songs, but I think that songs remixed OCR-style would break the nostalgia, which is what this project is all about.

About my sig, that's Don Quijote. Try looking at that while high.

Right, I know it's Don Quixote, but I definitely see a face on the windmill in the foreground, formed out of the two men and their horses. That's while sober. I don't see how it could be anything but deliberate, but I was hoping you might have inside information.