Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD

Sir_NutS

I wouldn't even think of playing a game with the tracks on that above linked page, ugh.

You mean this page, right? http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/sonic2remastered/

I have only listened to Oil Ocean on that page as I type this, and I honestly think it would go very well with an HD remake. The levels are enhanced, the music gets enhanced.

I hear a lot of people say things like "oh man this ReMix should go in the next ____ game", but they're talking about a totally epic, scored piece that is nice to listen to, but does not go well with a game. I'll use Live at the Sandopolis as an example.. I love that track and it is extremely well done, and it is great to listen to. But it just would not fit with a game.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's going on as I have not read through this whole thread, in which case, there's my two bits.

edit: Now I've read the whole thread. But I still think midi-rips, or a track made from scratch that still emulates the original, is the right direction for the music. With good samples, of course.

You mean this page, right? http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/sonic2remastered/

I have only listened to Oil Ocean on that page as I type this, and I honestly think it would go very well with an HD remake. The levels are enhanced, the music gets enhanced.

I hear a lot of people say things like "oh man this ReMix should go in the next ____ game", but they're talking about a totally epic, scored piece that is nice to listen to, but does not go well with a game. I'll use Live at the Sandopolis as an example.. I love that track and it is extremely well done, and it is great to listen to. But it just would not fit with a game.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's going on as I have not read through this whole thread, in which case, there's my two bits.

edit: Now I've read the whole thread. But I still think midi-rips, or a track made from scratch that still emulates the original, is the right direction for the music. With good samples, of course.

We're redoing the tracks exactly like that, but in a higher quality that doesn't completely blow. I agree--the concept is appropriate, but the execution of that specific page is not. :P

Also, glad to see you're taking an interest, José! :)

I like the idea...

I have to ask, though: Will you attempt to include Genocide City Zone?

I saw in your forums that you're going to include Hidden Palace as well as Wood Zone.

I know not a whole lot is known about Genocide City Zone, but I think it'd be neat to try to add it.