*NO* Mega Man 3 'Top Man Rock'

djpretzel

File is in - please bookmark if you haven't already, I plan to use this for handling submission that come in as email attachments. -djp

Hi!

My name is unimportant, but my... eh, "handle" is "Phytre Pighlet". I haven't seen many English speaking people pronounce that correctly, but with a bit of imagination, and possibly a grammar book, you should be able to make it out. If not, just try not to say it out loud. Eh... anyway, back to the point. This is my first submission to this site, one of the first remixes I've ever bothered to convert into an MP3, and on top of this, a rock ReMix, which is really odd, because I normally make Techno ReMixes. However, since this is a version of the Topman track from Mega Man 3, and since that song was already Techno ReMixed, and since that Techno ReMix really sucked, and since I wanted mine to be different from that sucky one, and since I thought this was probably intended to be a rock song ANYWAY, I made a rock ReMix. Since it is nearly impossible to make guitars and stuff sound realistic when working on/with a computer instead of real guitars, it doesn't sound very realistic.

However, it still rocks, so it should do until the minibosses come around to doing this one. I think I did a pretty good job with the drums though. I put in some... own stuff at the end of the song, including some pretty not-so-good solos, but it still ended up a bit short as a whole. I just didn't think there was a lot more to this song than that which I have already done, (other than repeat,) so I made a... eh, rushed ending and got it over with. I hope you like it.

Oh, and, if you put this thing up, you could count on more stuff coming up. I'm currently working on a Diablo 2 Techno ReMix, a Bubbleman Slow-dancing ReMix feat. someone singing, and a Megaman 5 ReMix. I'll try to find some non-Megaman stuff, too, but a lot of your remixers never did anything BUT Megaman, so I guess I'm ok if I don't either. Anyway, the song itself is included in the next mail. I'll brand the subject "MEGAMAN3 TOPMAN". If you do not find this file, please tell me. If you do not put this song on your site, please mail me back and write me why.

Thx,

Phytre Pighlet

Här börjar internet!

Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet på http://www.spray.se

Träffa folk från hela Sverige på ett och samma ställe - http://chat.spray.se/

Sounds realistic enough: satisfying guitar samples and beautiful drum work, great production, but this is not a ReMix: it follows the original too closely with practically no rearrangement, which is simply not acceptable given the repetitiveness of the original. Pretty cool otherwise, I'm sure the Minibosses would be proud!

NO

• 2 weeks later...

ok

NO for two reasons:

No variation from the original, and the melody is way too subdued and lost within the other "instruments." I'm honestly not very convinced by these samples. I've heard better, though the drums are good. The guitars aren't AWFUL, but they're not good enough (in my opinion) to lead a song. Ok, there's some variation around the 2 minute mark. Nice. But other than that... well, I already voted. Damn, I like ending my posts on a yes or no. Oh well

NO

D

I really really want to give this guy a yes, the drum sequencing is far superior to anything I could do on my own. I am very impressed with that. The synth guitars range from fake to passable. However I am in agreement with the others, this is identical to the original in most aspects. And also very short. Mix things up a bit a resubmit, I like this one.

no