New Splatterhouse game coming...

The Coop

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167542

http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/screen.asp?id=12793

For those of you who remember this series, it seems Namco Bandai have decided it's time to revisit our friend Rick, and the mask that has haunted him through three games. For those who don't remember this series, it centers around a man named Rick, who's trying to save his girlfriend, Jennifer. He does this while looking like a Jason Voorhees cosplayer, wearing a special mask that grants him extra power (especially in the third game). The games were gory, but more of a cartoony gore rather than a realistic gore. You fought zombies, mutant babies, ghosts, leeches, and inanimate objects, while walking through outdoor and indoor levels (usually centered around the grounds outside of a mansion, and within the mansion itself). It was simple, bloody, and fun.

There's no release date yet, but it's being made by BottleRocket, who are responsible for Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai. I'm wondering how they're going to shift the gameplay of the original games into the 3D world, and I also wonder if Rick is always going to look like he does in the screenshots (which is very reminiscent of his powered up form in Splatterhouse 3).

Thoughts fellow OCRians?

right now my main concern is storyline. I'm curious how the hell they plan to carry on the story considering the mask got totally DESTROYED in part 3. lol. time for CREATIVE THOUGHT PROCESSING. "oh.. there was another mask.. somewhere... NO WAIT, it reconstructed itself because it's JUST THAT POWERFUL!"

once all the storyline mumbo-jumbo is out of the way, then of course, gameplay is a huge concern. (and hopefully if the finished product is above par, they don't back themselves in a corner story-wise like they did with part 3 to prevent a sequel from coming out... for many many years)

right now my main concern is storyline. I'm curious how the hell they plan to carry on the story considering the mask got totally DESTROYED in part 3. lol. time for CREATIVE THOUGHT PROCESSING. "oh.. there was another mask.. somewhere... NO WAIT, it reconstructed itself because it's JUST THAT POWERFUL!"

Don't laugh. That's exactly what happened at the end of the first game.

Plus, there were four endings with the third game. They don't have to go with the happiest ending.

The Splatterhouse series was insanely creepy.

If they can keep that atmosphere, with ungodly abominations and their howls of terror, I'll be pleased.

I'm curious to see if they'll keep it more of a beat'em up, which are relatively rare now, or try and cash in on the survival horror genre that pretty much replaced the Splatterhouse series.