OCR Fit Club (Summer Session)

Steben

Having a pretty decent last couple of days. Last week, I couldn't hit planches to save my life, and now all of a sudden my planches are amazing.

Did a couple of decent rings routines today (actually held my maltese -- it was a little high, but I definitely held it), and my dismounts seem to be getting better (wish I had rings over a pit at my gym -- that would make things much easier). Did some ab and back work, which I need to do more of; I've been spending almost all my time on arms and shoulders, and not enough on core strength.

AHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Had an amazing vault workout this morning; for the first time, I STUCK a couple of Tsukahara double-backs. I've done them before, but always landed on my face, but today I stuck two of them on my feet.

Then, after taking a break, started working on yurchenkos -- a fairly new vault for me -- and I'm making HUGE progress on those. My hope is to eventually be able to twist the yurchenko, preferably at least a doublefull.

Right now, I'm basically feeling completely invincible, which means I should probably call it a day before I do something idiotic.

For reference, here's a Tsuk double back:

qXw2vQLXUGw

And here's a Yurchenko:

qDWenQcyOV0

AHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

Had an amazing vault workout this morning; for the first time, I STUCK a couple of Tsukahara double-backs. I've done them before, but always landed on my face, but today I stuck two of them on my feet.

Then, after taking a break, started working on yurchenkos -- a fairly new vault for me -- and I'm making HUGE progress on those. My hope is to eventually be able to twist the yurchenko, preferably at least a doublefull.

Right now, I'm basically feeling completely invincible, which means I should probably call it a day before I do something idiotic.

For reference, here's a Tsuk double back:

qXw2vQLXUGw

And here's a Yurchenko:

qDWenQcyOV0

That's really amazing stuff, man!

Btw, did you get a video of your rings routine yet?

Incidentally, as of Saturday I now have a place in my gym to work on muscle-ups. First couple days have been miserable failures so far, though I've been practicing jumping MUs with slowly increasing ring height.Today I think I figured out what I'm doing wrong on muscle-ups! I was thinking too much of it as "pullup plus dip," So when I got to the end of the pullup I didn't have anywhere to go. Today (3rd workout day since finding the spot for the rings) I practiced trying to transition earlier and had success while minimally touching the ground. Haven't tried from fully off the ground since, but I have hope that I can get the technique down by the end of the month (I definitely have the strength, but it's just directing the strength in the right direction that's killing me). That first one that truly started to "feel right" had me smiling ear to ear.

As for the August 2nd deadline, I'm very far from my goals. I've only added an additional 20 pounds to my chest exercises and 15 to my obliques. For this long, I'd think it's pretty slow progress. I should have reached my goals by now. :(

I've been sick off and on, but it shouldn't really stop me from exercising. Sneezing, sniffling on occasion... that sort of stuff. I've been taking a day or two off because of that. I'm not too sure why I have something like that in the middle of summer. That on top of social problems have mainly stopped me from going as often as I'd like. Really, it shouldn't scheduling since an hour a day won't kill anyone. But there are days where you just feel terrible and if you go to the gym, you probably won't even get a decent work out.

I'm still going to continue though. See if I can further my progress before the start of September. That would be something I would like to see.

Eh. This week hasn't been much to speak of. I've tried getting up at six to do my walking, since my work schedule has changed to allow me to walk in the mornings. I've only gotten around to it once this week, though. I'm still getting at my upper body excercises now and then, couple times a week to speak of. My wife's family is here now and probably will be here for a short while, a couple weeks, so we'll just have to see how well I can keep up my routine.

Next week will be great, though, I'll be starting up the normal schedule, which means constant movement during the day. That ought to pace things a little better.

Aside from an amazing vault workout on tuesday, this hasn't been a very good week for me. Haven't been getting enough sleep, and my training has suffered as a result. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to try to catch up on all the sleep I've missed.

EDIT: Check this out. Chen Yibing's new rings routine. His first skill is un-fucking-believable.

PNKHe4UkaMc

Just a quick update. Since I started, I've noticeably lost weight in my abdominal area. I'm not exactly going by measuring my weight, rather watching my physical appearance change over time (and it's very exciting...I've been overweight my whole life, and this is the first time I've really gotten serious about it)

So far, so good. I've been getting much busier as the school year begins anew.

Not only that, but I've begun a new workout program for myself at home. I'm starting small: 90 standing push-ups over the course of the day, and 45 sit-ups in the evening. I've been doing standing push-ups for the last two months, and I'm seeing muscles in places I didn't even know I had.

If I can keep this up all the way through fall and winter, I'll be -very- happy.

So I've started doing my planches on rings instead of p-bars or pommel horse; they're definitely harder, and I'm noticing huge improvements in the stability of my planches and malteses already.

Haven't been doing crosses enough this week, so I did a bunch today, and I'll probably do a bunch more before I leave tonight.

Haven't checked in in a while. Stopped running lately due to some pain in my leg. It's something I did to it at Jiu Jutsu months ago flaring up I think so I've been going easy on it there. I finally got back to doing the sort of endurance workouts at the gym that I was doing a year ago. I'll have to get back into it again, but I managed a better performance with it than I thought I would. It's 2 days later and I'm still a little sore, but I'll be doing another tomorrow, and will aim for every other day once my body stops being stupid and starts recovering faster.

Haven't kept up to what I said I was gonna do.

BUT I have gone for walks over the week. CT got her first job at a fast food joint down the street a bit, so I've been going over there for lunch a couple times. Holy crap, their food is awesome. TOO awesome. We went for an hour long work this evening and I doubt I even worked off half of that shit. Gonna have to avoid that place...

I've been working out here and there during the week. My arms and chest have been getting a little more shaped out, something I'm happy with. Gotta keep up with the sit-ups, though.

OH MY GOD. Did anybody else see Danny Rodrigues's Olympic rings routine? That was unreal.

I wish I could have, but no cable kills my ability to watch Olympics. I also haven't been able to find a video online. I'm always impressed by gymnastics (and a lot of other sports for that matter).

So. Haven't been eating as healthy as I could be, but the wife and I have been walking more. We're both currently working, she's going to college, so she's probably getting in more walking than me.

We go walking often, probably three to four times a week, for at least two miles. Not bad, could be better, could be worse. Not bad at all.