OC ReMixer SGX Wins OurStage.com Grand Prize; zircon/Goldin and Audix finish top 15

Liontamer

OC ReMixer SGX Wins OurStage.com Grand Prize; zircon/Goldin and Audix finish top 15

By: Larry Oji, larryoji@ocremix.org

May 3, 2008

College Park, MD -- Danny "SGX" Adler, OC ReMixer, emerged victorious in OurStage.com's April 2008 Music Finals. Adler's Electronic channel-winning song "Coactive" bested fourty-three other channel winners out of a pool of over 27,000 entries to claim first place. Along with the $5,000 Grand Prize, Adler (www.sgxmusic.com) is also eligible for several other prizes and awards offered by OurStage and its partners.

The full version of Adler's "Coactive" is the opening track of his original Electronic album, Chroma, available from his website, CDBaby.com, and Apple iTunes. SGX's OurStage Music Finals victory follows up the previous month's win by OC ReMix judge Jillian "pixietricks" Goldin with her original New Age/World track "Hajime."

OurStage (www.ourstage.com) was launched in 2007 to increase the exposure of independent musicians and filmmakers through its democratic "battle" voting system, where users are able to judge each entry against all other competitors. OurStage winners earn cash prizes, along with the potential of other perks including magazine coverage, opportunities to perform at concerts and festivals, and mentoring sessions with established musicians and filmmakers.

"At 11PM, I was resigned to getting 20th. [...] Seriously, you guys are the best! Thanks for sitting there clicking a web page for hours for me!" said Adler to the OC ReMix community moments after learning of his win. OverClocked ReMix provides support for developing artists for both game music arrangements and original music. Along with several other OC ReMixers, Adler's music has been featured in Synthetic Light Studios' popular web-based rhythm game Flash Flash Revolution.

Fellow OC ReMixers Andrew "zircon" Aversa & Jillian Goldin (as a duo) and Greg "Audix" Michalec also placed fourteenth and fifteenth in OurStage's April 2008 Music Finals after wins in the New Age/World and Techno/Club/Dance channels, respectively.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and interpretation of video game music. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring hundreds of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

Links:

*OurStage winners for April 2008

*Danny Adler (SGX) at OverClocked ReMix

*Adler's track "Coactive" is featured on the original album, Chroma

*SGX's music store, Protagonist Records

*Andrew Aversa (zircon) at OverClocked ReMix

*Jillian Goldin (pixietricks) at OverClocked ReMix

*Greg Michalec (Audix) at OverClocked ReMix

• 1 month later...

Congrats dude!

If you would kindly pass that money my way I have some things I need to buy, namely:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ACCVIRUSTIDT

http://www.zzounds.com/item--NORSTAGE88

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Nord2XLTD/

CHACHING

Actually if you just want to go ahead and buy those, make a video of you playing them, and post it, that would be a decent alternative. THANKS