80gig IPOD Vs. 80gig zune?

maniater

I was at walmart to buy a 80gig ipod, when i suddenly spotted a zune that was also 80gig, hehe not to mention it was also both the same price, but in the end which do you think will be better then the two?

So far im into music which is in both, but videos, image viewing, radio, VG if possible etc. stuff like that, so now im wondering which of the two is better? both the same price!

I'd say the Zune has a better feature set, while the iPod has a better interface. It also depends on whether you're already heavily invested in iTunes. If you've bought anything from Apple, you'll want an iPod to play it.

Also, I don't think the accessory support argument works any more. Zune has quite an impressive amount of accessory support (and really has since it came out; that's one thing Microsoft pushed pretty heavily).

If I recall correctly, the Zune isn't supported on Macs, so if you ever anticipating buying a Mac in the near future, it's something to keep in mind.

Personally I think even 80 GB is excessive if you want it exclusively for music. If you plan on using it for video as well though, I'd check which one is supposed to have better video quality, and battery life as well - every iPod I have owned has had terrible battery life excepting the Shuffle (excluding the Shuffle, I have owned 3 iPods), and I can't imagine them having gotten any better over 1 generation.

Creative Zen is your best choice.

I bought a 8gb Zen V Plus last year, still works like a charm. Gonna get a 32gb (expandable via SD card) Zen on thursday anyway.

Holy crap, when did they start producing these suckers?

I'd agree that the Zen is basically the best player out there right now, aside from those other swanky third-parties with ridiculous storage sizes and feature sets (Wi-Fi, etc.), but those aren't quite as pocket-friendly and such. They're more on the side of multimedia players than portable music players. That said, however, the Zen is more expensive for the space you get because it's all flash memory, so if you're wanting the bigger storage space it's probably not worth the money to drop for the 32GB Zen and a sizeable SD card when you could just get an iPod or Zune, neither of which are strictly bad players in their own rights.

Half that is being very generous.

I don't think I've EVER killed my G5 iPod.

In fact, I watched all of the first 2 seasons of House over the course of 2 of my classes. My classes are generally 3-4 hours long, with breaks. I arguably finished 2-3 episodes each class.

I actually watched all of Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix on my iPod one day during an animation class. Same goes for Pirates of Silicon Valley and Office Space. So battery life can't be THAT much of a problem.

I am all about the fucking archos.

I bought a 30gig one that plays movies, music, allows you to edit playlists and rename files and shit inside the player and sounds spiffy as hell refurb for 115 bucks.

The Archos 404 is THE pmp bargain in the wild right now.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202958317

get hip, get Archos.

This is the brand I was talking about, with the crazy feature set. I think it's the 605 that's like 100+ GB, surfs the web, walks your dog and whips your grandpa at chess?