Sango Fighter - Bushido

Hi there.

Here's a sango fighter arrangement i prepared in a couple of hours , inspired by Hans Zimmer's Last Samurai OST.

UNFINISHED WIP-1

http://media.putfile.com/Prometheus-Bushido

Loved it? Hated it?

Crits and opinions are well received.

EDIT: By the way, here's a link to the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-m_xeRPWCI&feature=related

-John

Heh. I'm kinda surprised someone did one of the tunes from Sango Fighter, although I'll admit the last time I played it was just over a year ago (part of a personal project I was doing).

Anyway, I really like what you've done with the tune. I don't quite recognize the intro, but I'd agree that something too similar to the original intro probably wouldn't work with the kind of arrangement you've done here.

My only qualm about the mixing is that some of the strings get a little drowned out at times. Those main strings need to be brought out a little more sometimes.

I also kinda miss the light background part of the original. I do worry that the rest of the tune (after 0:38 ) feels a bit removed from the original. I'd expect a little more from the original tune to have been incorporated into the tune.

With that out of the way, I really do love the flavor you've given to a pretty well ignored piece of video game history. It'd be great if you could find the time to finish this piece. Even more, I'd absolutely love to see what you could do with Xu Huang's theme (my personal favorite ^_^).

hmm.. maybe i could find out something to fix the strings, i know they arent perfect :-)

hmm. about 00:38 onwards... that part... in the original version felt really weak, so i decided to change it ,.. ( just modulated the first four bars of the theme.. it's just arrangement ) although, im gonna feature the full theme throgh the song. Don't worry, I'll try not loosing the feeling of the original. By the way, could you send me a link to the tune you said that was your favourite?

hmm.. maybe i could find out something to fix the strings, i know they arent perfect :-)

hmm. about 00:38 onwards... that part... in the original version felt really weak, so i decided to change it ,.. ( just modulated the first four bars of the theme.. it's just arrangement ) although, im gonna feature the full theme throgh the song. Don't worry, I'll try not loosing the feeling of the original.

Ah... Gotcha. ^_^

By the way, could you send me a link to the tune you said that was your favourite?

Well, it's the third stage in this video (Tong Pass). Sorry I have a habit of using the Romance of the Three Kingdoms names instead of the in-game names. The ROTTK name is Xu Huang while the game refers to him as Syu Hwang (phonetic spellings, yay! >_>).

Consequently, I've in short order found a page with the original midi version of the tune. Click on "Music005" to hear it (they sound a fair bit different than the SB/FM sound versions, but the notes are the same).

http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com/0vg/PC-SangoFighter.shtml

Or, if you're interested in basing it on something else, I did some from-scratch midi arrangements of all the tunes from Sango Fighter shortly over a year ago (based on the Sound Blaster versions, of course). They can be found under the Sango Fighter game listing at either my website or at the VGM link below. Keep in mind they are arrangements though (some more than others) and are really intended for a MSGS environment (as opposed to XG or AWE):

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/microsoft/windows/index-sz.html