*NO* Super Mario RPG 'Waltz of Pain'

djpretzel

Solo piano using just a soundfont, hmm? Sorry, but this doesn't work for me. I like where you're going with the arrangement, but when you synthesize a piano you lose the expression that a real player gives it, and in solo piano music that expression is much more important than it is in other types. Play with the velocity controller some (which you have at points, it could just use a little more work), especially in the beginning (I would suggest taking the intro a little slower than the rest of the song, too).

Also, I noticed some clipping at points. It's not as bad as I've heard in other songs, but if you do nothing else to this before you re-submit, re-record it with slightly lower levels.

NO, but it's almost there!

Ugh, it's not good when a piano piece is composed using a mediocre quality piano soundfont. Just sounds way too fake here. I will have to confirm with Orkybash on the clipping - there's some clipping scattered about this piece. Perhaps consider more effective methods (limiters, compressors, normalization) of mastering a piece of music.

NO

Clipping, ouch. Although in your defense, I will say it is difficult to make a piano piece loud without clipping due to the large dynamic range and complex sound of the piano. Even McVaffe's Cutman Sonata has some clipping problems but they are nowhere near as bad as in this track.

The arrangement sounds okay so far but the clipping problems and lifeless sounding piano sequencing (use a humanizer?) are not acceptable.

no