Looking for a particular FF Prelude remix... came on the Playstation Underground CDs.

premiumg

Man.... I know this is a long shot......

Does anyone here remember getting those quarterly Playstation Underground CD demos? They were CD magazines with demos, videos, etc. for Playstation 1.

Ok, now out of those who do remember the Playstation Underground CD, do you remember the Final Fantasy Prelude remix they had on the 2nd (I believe) issue of the magazine? It was on as soon as you put in the CD... had nice drums and slightly jazzy sound to it?

Geez, it's impossible to find, but I swear it's the best Prelude remix I ever heard.

I believe it came with this particular set (not certain):

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/underground/ps_ug_2/index.html

Yup I know of the remix you speak of, and I do have it.... granted it's not in an mp3 format (I'm still working on getting it converted), but I have it nonetheless.

let me know when you get this converted!! Please!!! PLEASE!!!!

Here you go. The .psf is missing an instrument or two, but this mp3 was recorded from the game itself.

Hey Antonio,

The mp3 you linked seemed fine to me. What do you mean it's missing an instrument or two? I haven't heard it for quite some time but this seems like its the one I'm looking for.

How was this recorded from the game?

Sweet. I've actually been looking for this particular mix for awhile too. Although I thought this came on a different demo disk. Also, Antonio, your recording seems to clip a little at parts, is there any way you can fix that or should I just try to clean it up myself? Either way, thanks for the link.

Hey Antonio,

The mp3 you linked seemed fine to me. What do you mean it's missing an instrument or two? I haven't heard it for quite some time but this seems like its the one I'm looking for.

How was this recorded from the game?

There's a .psf of the demo disc floating around, and THAT one is missing an instrument or two. As to how he ripped it, there are several ways of doing stuff like that.

Yeah.. i was wondering which of the several ways did he use to rip it.

Probably the cleanest way to rip it is to run an emulator, fire up the disc and have a WAV recorder running.

Unless there is some way to read the file directly and convert to a mp3.

If there are any cleaner rips of this prelude, please post!

Sweet. I've actually been looking for this particular mix for awhile too. Although I thought this came on a different demo disk. Also, Antonio, your recording seems to clip a little at parts, is there any way you can fix that or should I just try to clean it up myself? Either way, thanks for the link.

Where exactly is this clipping? I listened to the whole thing earlier, and am listening to it again... I don't hear anything wrong o_o If it's the bass line, that's how it's supposed to sound.

It does clip but that's because I recorded it wonky. As for how I recorded it, I have the FFVII demo disc (it came bundled with Tobal No. 1) and I simply plugged the PS1 audio cables into a tape recorder that had stereo inputs and an audio leveler (because if you plug them straight in without some sort of resistance leveler, you get the sound OVERLOUD). I probably had the level up to high because I wanted to ensure I got it loud enough. According to the file info, I recorded it on:

Tuesday, June 19, 2001, 2:58:50 AM

Shortly thereafter I uploaded it to Audiogalaxy as "FFVII Demo Prologue." I'd never played Final Fantasy until part 7 and couldn't recall if the song was called "Prelude" or "Prologue". So if you came across a 9 minute "Prologue" song floating around on the internet about 6 or 7 years ago and sounded like "The Prelude", now you know who recorded it clippy with a jacked up name, and why.

Oh... and, you're welcome! : )

hey Antonio Pizza,

I found the FF7 Demo Prelude.

Can you PM me your email? I can forward it to you so you can host it for anyone else who's looking for it.

I'm not sure how this one was ripped, but it does sound like its very good quality.