id says Doom 4 is a go

lazygecko

I personally really enjoyed Doom 3, but on the other hand, I was not a hardcore fan of the original (I only played a shareware version of Doom 1). The only time Doom 3 seemed to have the run-and-gun feel of the original was the last area. But aside from the expectations surrounding it, I think it is a fun game. The flashlight thing didn't annoy me at all. But I'm a huge Resident Evil fan as well (not that is has anything to do with flashlights).

I'm the same. Loved Doom 3. Even bought the expansion (a little disappointing that it wasn't as great as the game it self). Why I loved the game? The scary moments. It was awesome and especially when the game teased me with when I'm walking along and they are throwing barrels at me from above.

But the only time I absolutely hated the flash light was when there was this place with total darkness and only these moving capsules to give you light. You either had to follow it and be swarmed by imps or choose between either a gun or a flashlight -.-;

I played doom 1 and 2 when I was younger, but not a hardcore fan. Only played like about 5 levels in each. I found Duke Nukem 3d to be more entertaining. >.>