Classic G4TechTV To Make a Comeback?

TheSnowStorm

you people are making me feel old, and that ain't fair.

I remember watching The Screensavers when the hosts were still Leo Laporte and Kate Botello, back when it was still ZDTV. I miss those days. every time the station changed hands it lost it's focus a little more. I stopped watching when it became G4 and threw out almost the entire old guard (I think Sessler is the only person left from the early days, not certain, though)

I like how it's "classic" G4TechTV when the station is at most 6 years old... I used to watch that network all the time back when it was still branded as ZDTV then TechTV. Ever since this G4 BS it's gone steadily downhill. I would say bring back some classic ScreenSavers, but since it was a live show it wouldn't really be entertaining hearing about "current" tech stuff from 99-03.

you people are making me feel old, and that ain't fair.

I remember watching The Screensavers when the hosts were still Leo Laporte and Kate Botello, back when it was still ZDTV. I miss those days. every time the station changed hands it lost it's focus a little more. I stopped watching when it became G4 and threw out almost the entire old guard (I think Sessler is the only person left from the early days, not certain, though)

Yea, me too. I think Sessler is the only person left. On the internet it's easy to find people that remember old techtv/zdtv although in actual life i don't know anyone. It seems I'm like the only person who remembers gamespot TV and even extended play.

Remember that gadget review show that had Sumi Das and Jim Louderback (new digg ceo)? It seems like these days Techtv pretty much lives on via podcasting. Kevin rose and alex albrecht on Diggnation. Patrick Norton on Tekzilla/This week in tech (sometimes). Leo Leporte still has his radio show plus TwiT. That photoshop guy that was always on TSS has his own revision 3 show called pixel perfect. Martin seargeant has internet superstar and morgan webb has WebbAlert.

TechTV will always be superior to G4 or G4techTV or whatever horrible names they come up with. Invent This!, Wired for Sex, and Screen Savers... those were the days.

QFE (again?)

When TechTV was running ads for the merger, I was excited. I saw a day's worth of G4 while at a friend's place playing EQ and I liked what I saw. Then it happened. My soul cried. Babies melted. Tommy Tallarico proved that he should do less talking and more composing. I saw one great channel bow down to a Soviet-style takeover by swarms of fanboy twitch-kiddie television programs.

It hurt. I started drinking heavily. We had to stop seeing less of each other and...

Wait, I drifted off there...