OCR01709 - Klax "Nine Inch Klax"

This ReMix coincides remarkably well with the release of NIN's new (free!) album, The Slip. If it was intended, I'm surprised djp didn't post a link to the album (by the way, it's here: http://theslip.nin.com/ ). If it wasn't, that's a pretty neat coincidence!

In any case, this is a short mix, but it may have overstayed its welcome had it been longer. Cool synth industrial sounds, and an enjoyable ReMix overall!

I'll be honest: I don't know what the original track is supposed to sound like, and I've never played or even heard of this game. If you've gone that far and still convinced me to download your track, you are an incredible person.

Oh yeah and nice timing with The Slip and all.

I'm glad that it doesn't. Makes for great "loopability".

Wow, you're absolutely right. I thought at first that the pause at the end wouldn't make it loop too good, but I've been listening to it for about 8 times now and Mazedude got it right, he made the pause just long/short enough to sound intentional.

Wow seriously this is one of my favorite things on OCR and I've never heard of the game. I love this place.

For its genere, very well done. A little repetitive, but it has some nice quality to it and has a nice beat that makes you want to dance. The applause was a nice effect.

I'm a little brain-dead right now. So, I can't quite think of much else to say, other then my overall impression of this peice was positive.

Wow, at first I was going to post a complaint of how this song is basically 8 minutes of the same thing, but then I realized my player was looping it.

I think you could've done a lot more with it - it just seems like it never got really exciting or high-energy. The little solo thing was pretty cool. Not one of my favorites of yours, but I'll keep it around for when I need a cool, smoke-filled entrance while wearing a tuxedo and sunglasses.

• 10 months later...

It's like the tilted Klax board is the dance floor and the blocks are playing DDR every time they flop facedown. The audience raves compliment the aggressive, punchy vibe going on, while most of the synths are vicious enough to eat you for breakfast. 1:17-1:24 even sounds like an alarm going off, ha ha.

By the way, the source (called Led Fut) sounds similar to American Gladiators - Event 1.spc, so I sometimes end up thinking of those buff brawlers competing when I listen to Nine Inch Klax.

• 8 months later...

Damn this is short!

The abrupt ending miffed me off a little bit, but other that that, I got no complaints. The samples are mean and agressive, the beat is punchy, and there's even sexy noodle-age towards the end, and all up this is a solid arrangement. Despite how short this is, it's still good, like a nugget of bite-size awesomeness.

A short'n'sweet track from Mazedude.

• 3 months later...

Booooo for shortness. But Hell Yes! for everything else.

This would be awesome as an energiser for a NIN album, as it has the grit, the nerve and the edge of genre down pat. But what I really love is that it retains a sense of fun uncharacteristic of the industrial genre (though not totally unprecedented). It's tough, but playful at the same time, making it a great listen on multiple counts.

It's always good to catch up with some of Mazedude's later offerings. Wish this was a more substantial meal for my ears, but it will still hold me over nicely.

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01709 - Klax "Nine Inch Klax"
  • 2 months later...