8 Bit Theater - Flash

The Pezman

So I was randomly on Newgrounds and discovered a Flash series of maybe the first thirty 8 bit theater comics. I watched one of them and discovered it was done by (ZOMG!) OCRemix Studios, with people whose names I recognize from these boards.

Now, these things are work, sure, but why did they stop? 8 Bit Theater is still going strong (though I think it will end this year :(), and I liked those Flashes (even if they were just the comics verbatim). Plus, I would love to provide a voice or something.

To be more specific, it was #ocremix.

The videos themselves were made by TLF, Aetherius did the sound, and the voices in, but are not limited to, Antonio Pizza, Suzumebachi, Maridia, CotMM, and other channel regulars.

Almost none of these people still come around with the exception of Suzu. AP and TLF drop in every once and awhile for a short time. My guess is that TLF either just lost interest or doesn't have the time anymore as they were pretty major productions for him and took a longgggg time to make.

Man, I haven't heard of the 8-Bit flash movies in a long time. Several popped up around the same time, and I always thought the saturation just led to the inevitable burn out.

8-Bit is sadly nowhere near as popular as it once was.

8-Bit is sadly nowhere near as popular as it once was.

I used to read it religiously, but when they battled the Litch King things really became...less funny. I would go back and find where I left off, but that comic was published so often that I must be hundreds of episodes behind by now. The flash movies were great, though.

I've heard a lot of jacked up pronounciations since moving to Indianapolis, but I've heard at least two or three people pronounce the w is "sword." I always thought that'd be a cool short nightmare for Fighter to have...trapped in a world were everyone says "sWord."

EDiT: The wrath of the Samurai Hornet has been encured because he is the voice of the Cornerian soldier in episode...2 I believe.

I used to read it religiously, but when they battled the Litch King things really became...less funny. I would go back and find where I left off, but that comic was published so often that I must be hundreds of episodes behind by now. The flash movies were great, though.

Indeed you are, the comic is nearing the end, as the Light Warriors now have destroyed all four fiends and given the orbs of light to Sarda.

Of course, with how long Clevinger took to do each leg of the story so far, 8-Bit's probably still got a good year left to go. The comic has its ups and downs, but I still enjoy it.