Looking to recruit for an Animal Crossing remix project

joe_cam

I asked and was told to put this kind of thread here, but I'm looking to recruit some talent for a remix project I'm putting together. I didn't want to go invite only like Bound Together, I was looking to open it up to some newer talent or people I may not necessarily know of.

I wanna hold off on announcing the game right away, but if you get in touch with me either via a PM here, or through email (joecam at joecamnet dot com) or AIM (JoeCamNet on there) I'll be more than happy to fill you in on all the details, give you a link to the OST and whatever else.

If you get in touch with me, please make sure you provide me with a link to a mix or a few that you're proud so I can check you out and hear how you sound.

Some info I'm willing to share right off the bat is that there is a TON of material to pick from and the current release date I have in mind is around Christmas, so if you're interested, I'd prefer it if you could get your work done somewhat sooner than later so I dont' have to hound you around Thanksgiving to get me a WIP or wait until last second to get a final mix (looks at beatdrop)...

I'll talk to anybody who is interested, whether you're a new mixer, an established veteran or somebody I havent' gotten along with in the past. I'd love to get as much talent involved as I can!

Hope to get some replies!

As per request: The game is Animal Crossing.

In general I don't have a problem with recruitment threads, especially from people who are relatively established in the community (like Joe) and have a proven track record of success (again, like Joe)...However, I kinda have an issue with secretive, "we'll fill you in once you're on board" recruitment threads being posted here. Even with someone established, like Joe, if neither myself nor any of the moderators know what's going on, it could be anything. Furthermore I feel like projects should either be secretive or not... if you're working on something you don't wanna share with the community until the release, that's fine, but the whole halfway thing of making a public recruitment thread for a secret project rubs me the wrong way.

Call me crazy, here, but I'd really prefer more details be provided if this thread's going to continue.

Original post updated. I wanted to see if I could get people involved before making any kind of announcement of what this project is.

You know I hate taking forever for a project and the last thing I want is to announce a project and either not have anything come out for 3 years or at all. That's why I'm always secretive about what I do. I dont' like to announce what I'm doing until I know for sure it's going to happen and until I get more talent confirmed and more tracks coming in, I didn't want to announce anything, but since I had to reveal the game to keep this thread going, it's in the first post.

Dave, you want in? (Still sad you never replied back to my messages about my wedding...)

Original post updated. I wanted to see if I could get people involved before making any kind of announcement of what this project is.

Dave, you want in? (Still sad you never replied back to my messages about my wedding...)

Yeah I douched out on that... sorry. I thought it was May and that you'd send some sort of update, but Larry said it was March? Congrats either way, and shame on me for massive fail.

Thanks for updating... I'd love to be involved BUT at the moment I've got obligations to Doom 2, DKC2, AND the website for Tales project and would feel bad committing to anything until I make good on that shizz. Should be soon(ish) on some of that, so don't count me out!