OCR01713 - Super Dodge Ball "Murder Your Friends Boogie"

The solos are what really make this piece. For me the beginning is kind of weak, but then it picks up with the killer sax solo, followed straight up by that amazing guitar. For me the melody didn't work to well - it was kind of flat in parts. I didn't necessarily notice percussion problems, but overall this is an excellent piece.

More jazz, more jazz!

Real fun mix, and great soloing. I can picture everyone soliong around in an awesome session for this, which makes me smile.

I'm not sure if I like the way things are recorded, something just sounds off to me, and I can't figure it out. I think even if I could, I wouldn't know how to explain it. Either way, it's nothing so big that it detracts from my enjoyment.

Nice job, and happy birthday!

Love this one! The lackluster drums have been mentioned enough, so let's focus on the plenty of good stuff here. I just love the trading of the spotlight between the many instruments. It's a great song for this sort of approach. Think my favorite part is a toss-up between the first time the sax comes in (it just sounds right) and the crazy octaves on the piano near the end, but really, every part just hits.

I remember playing this game with great satisfaction. The music, I don't remember all that much.

This remix is awesome. I've been listening to the album itself, and it's filled with ear-candy galore! I'm hooked, I'll be listening to it for a while. Great job on this one guys, I am very happy to have a new, incredible album to listen to at work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The individual performances are all pretty solid, if a bit too loose, but the spirit is there. The room sound for a lot of different instruments don't quite match up, especially the drums, but there is still a lot to like in this piece. The piano playing excellent, especially the hardcore section at 2:39. You don't hear guys play like that unless they are fearing for their lives. Very awesome.

The individual solos are all pretty good, especially the clean guitar one, and the sax interludes are great. It sounds like a pretty fun jam that even though the production leaves a bit to be desired, works out great in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't really hear boogie woogie often, but wowee, they've done a great job

Oh, wow. The guitar and sax.

As I listen to this, the full scope of this mix is dawning on me. 8-O

Definitely awesome stuff, a rocking mix, and a must download.

• 1 year later...

JJT Review:

As this seems to be Jon's brain child, it's only appropriate that I start with him. This has got a wonderful rock & roll sound to it. All we need is a music video with girls in poodle skirts. The piano playing is spot on and different from what we've heard from Jon, but still very reminiscent of his style, especially during the piano solo. He changes the job of the piano around constantly. At times its driving the rhythm and others it's just giving some color here and there. The 16th note octave hits were a little goofy here and there, but it's all made up for with the hilarious ending :).

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01713 - Super Dodge Ball "Murder Your Friends Boogie"