Synths used in Modern Games

I apologize for posting 2 topics back to back, but this has been bugging me lately.

I've been yearning to acquire the sampleset that Phantasy Star Online uses, for instance the chimes, hits, electronic noise, and some of the signature synths. I would've led it up to circumstance, but over time I've come to find that many of these professional composers\arrangers don't actually craft their own synths, and that there are synth packages floating around, whether it be internal workstation samplesets or otherwise. If you need some sound bites go look up Underworld [Chaos], Entry into the Crater Pt1 or Pt2, Tricktrack Pt. 2, the title theme, or even Image of a Hero.

Another one that has alot of sounds I would like to get my hands on is whatever is used in Metroid Prime, although I suspect some of those sounds are hand-crafted.

the problem here:

even if you had samples, it wouldn't sound the same.

iirc, the metroid prime sounds, could be constructed by most synths w/ multiple oscs, there was really nothing that out-there in terms of sound design. it was actually more of notes, eq, and arrangement that gave metroid prime that sound.

it's been a long while since i fired up m prime though.

I've been yearning to acquire the sampleset that Phantasy Star Online uses, for instance the chimes, hits, electronic noise, and some of the signature synths. I would've led it up to circumstance, but over time I've come to find that many of these professional composers\arrangers don't actually craft their own synths

Nobody does unless you buy a PAiA kit. What they don't do is make their own presets. Nothing new about that.

Also, not everything benefits from the use of samples. If I want a Moog-like sound, samples are rather silly; you're better off with an emulator like Minimonsta or something.

and that there are synth packages floating around, whether it be internal workstation samplesets or otherwise.

I don't think Roland, Korg or Yamaha actually allow this.

What, allow their synth settings\samples to be used commercially or let them exist outside of their keyboards?

Anywho, I was trying to find a blanket term to describe both synth presets and samples. Actually coincidentally I did find a minimoog emulator the other day on a free synth site. I'm sure minimonsta is better though.