Link vs. Snake

Robotaki

Hey everyone!

So I played Brawl more than I should have these past few days and I just decided to fool around with these two two sickass themes. This time around I've decided to link the old school synths of the zelda tune (something Mountain??? I did it by ear sorry...I only know this rendition of the melody because of zirc's remix from awhile ago) with the pumping orchestral elements of the MGS theme. I don't think I'm planning to submit this in the long run because there's something non-OCR about to me, but I can't quite grasp what it is. I think it largely has to do with the way it sticks quite close to both source tunes with exception to the end. Few balancing issues here and there, some sample choice issues with leads, drum variation is a no go, but this was all for kicks. Hope you get the same kick I got out of making it =p

Enyoy! (or not!)

Link vs. Snake - Who Wins?

Haha, awesome as per usual. Man, if you tweaked this and that drumloop-ish thing you got going, I think this would be good to go. Really, there's only some balance issues when everything is playing together, and I think a finale where you go crazy with that Link Synth would be awesome... Damn you for not finishing this! :/

I love the percussive breakdown.

Jeez, don't stop! Anyway, very fun. Brawl's soundtrack would have been 10000x better if this were on it.

Really great quality and beat going on, I like this best out of all the ones I've heard you done so far. Only thing that bugs me is that the beginning is a bit abrupt and the percussion doesn't really vary much throughout the whole song, it's sorta the same drumbeat. However, I really like the instrument choices that you have made and how the melody progresses.

Nice job so far!

i agree with "PF", one can never have enough of tal tal heights. and having never heard snake's theme before, this was a great opening.

the end/beginning clearly needs work but you already know that. i like the "mash-up" feel to this song. the back and forth with the same drum beat unifying the two makes for easy listening. maybe punch up the drumline a little more? really make it edgy? i dunno, brainstorming here.

really great start so far. i'm already psyched about getting a copy of brawl and this really helped get me motivated!

keep up the good work and i look forward to the next update.

Hey thanks for the comments everyone. I definitely plan to put in a beginning and end to what I have so far and vary the drums. Probably the two things I'm trying to complete right now. I'd like to include a soft section in here somewhere for contrast, but I'm not too sure when. Kinda hoping it might spontaneously come to me. More interpretation of the melodies will be required also. Anyway, thanks again!