Chrono Trigger 'Zeal Mix'

HoboKa

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

[x] Too conservative - sticks too close to the source

PRODUCTION

[x] Low-quality samples

[x] Drums have no energy

STRUCTURE

[xx] Lacks coherence overall (no "flow")

[xx] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[xx] Pace too plodding

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

[write here]

needs to be more repetitive. Seemed to be plodding along. Maybe incorporate some automation or have some interesting synths in the background.

definitely a huge series of steps forward from when I first met you.

Were you the guy I was talking to on MSN messenger about a year ago?

Perhaps. I know a lot of ppl from OCR, but yeah I do recall speaking with you and all at some point in time about your guitar skillz and stuff.

BTW - Don't EVER give me another one of those math puzzles lol...I'm so bad at math.

This sounds very intresting. I like the percussion approach and the pads.. good atmosphere, I enjoy it. I like what you're going for here. Overall it sounds like you're progressing in skill at a fair pace, keep it up! I especially like the transition at the end.. I have to disagree about drums having no energy or that the beat would need to be more steady. Sure, it sounds sequenced and the samples aren't the most pristine, but they work pretty well as they are. I don't think a super-realistic approach would be the best for this song.

--Eino