OCR01714 - Super Dodge Ball "All-Star Doskpop"

Jesus, one review? This track is amazing. Mazedude, you are the bomb. Thanks for making this music. And I think you achieved all your goals you set out for on this one. Once I heard this, and it was the first thing from the project because you're ALWAYS done first, I knew the project would be a success. Thanks to you and the other guys for making this work, and glad this track is as awesome as it is. Keep it up!

I'm not sure I could say that this was my absolute favorite track on the project (because there were a bunch of really chill ones I enjoyed) but this was easily the one that said "SUPER DODGEBALL" the most. Man, if there is one song from the project that should just be slapped right into a remake of the game, this is the one. Nice work, big guy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty kickin stuff, I was grooving throughout the whole thing, but the super slowdown is where things just got nuts. I would have loved one more shot of the chorus, but really you can't go wrong with this. It really shows off what a great melody the original had with all kinds of extra ornaments to make it sound fresh.

Classic Awesome right here folks.

• 4 months later...

Without even looking at the title, one can tell by listening that this is the favored team's anthem, the one to put money on, the one that'll win.

The mix reminds me of something from Vegas: big, flashy, and show stopping.

Awesome stuff.

• 10 months later...

I like that this mix is very in your face. It has this vibe that you don't wanna mess with it, or you're gonna get messed up. Haha

I like the synths used throughout, they all fit the genre very well and bring out the seriousness of the mix. There are some moments that feel very Megaman-esque, which is also a good thing.

I'd have liked a little variation on the volume/soundscape. Overall things stay very close to the same intensity in terms of those two subjects, and some changes would have make other sections stood out more. Aside from that, this mix has some good writing, and is worth checking out, easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I hear the demoscene sound here, and I like it. What happens at 2:53 is classic. There's a lot of cool stuff happening in the abckground of this one, obscured by the lead melody. Listen past it for some more remix goodness. I'm hearing something resembling my high-resonance noise-based shaker back there, among other things. On first listen, I basically just heard lead, drums, and bass, but there's much more to it.

On related note, it took me until a few weeks ago to get the Bad Dudes' free albums. Shame on me. :D

• 1 year later...

Doskpop on OCR? Why haven't I seen this before!

I can definitely hear Elwood and Lizardking in there, beating on the walls to get out. Slick, smooth, everything we've come to know and love about your tracking. This really blends with the original's style, too.

Only complaint? There's just not enough time in the song.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01714 - Super Dodge Ball "All-Star Doskpop"