OCR01715 - Final Fantasy VII "Son of Chaos"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love that high end cold synth. Mixed with the choir; such a sinister sound.

The feel of this is great, it moves slowly but with a purpose, and it's not plodding at all. A very difficult balance pulled off expertly here. I love how the cymbal crashes don't really hit as much as explode into particles. Fantastic effect and very well used.

The original theme was pretty good to begin with, but this takes it to such a new level, the comparison is simply ridiculous.

A++ material

• 8 months later...

I think this may have made better music for in the Shinra tower than the music used in-game.

But anyway, this piece is really cool, very dark, and yet still gives the feel of an evil, planet-killing, cash-mongering company's HQ building.

Very nice.

• 6 months later...

the darker the trance, the happier I am. This song brings a very big smile to my face. I can almost picture Sephiroth's twisted smile as he discovers his origins when I listen to this song. I love the synth bass that first appears at 0:38. An all around well-layered and foreboding song. It holds very true to the source material but takes it down a very dark road. Props.

• 2 years later...

It's because of this track that I found OCRemix so I thought it was about time to sings it's praises. I still listen to this track today and still love the dark undertones, the stereo delay on the drums making the complex rhythms and how it keeps the familiar vibe of the original whilst still being something new. Love it

• 6 months later...

What is that thing... it's like a dance kick drum? It starts the track off... I hate it

I enjoyed this track enormously... except I cringed every time I heard that sound - I'm gonna call it a kick drum...

At 1:57 the kick drum takes a back seat but still feels like it's still violating me...

If that kick drum was different I'd put this song on my permanent play list, but as it stands... I'll pass

Well worth a listen, some great things happening :grin: but beware of the kick drum of doom

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01715 - Final Fantasy VII "Son of Chaos"