OCR: Photographers

Katsurugi

For those of you who are fortunate to own a DSLR (it's ironic that I work at a camera store, yet don't have one, myself) I want to make one huge lens recommendation. Get yourself a good 50mm (or 55mm) lens. Something that's around f/1.2 to f/1.8. No zoom, please. Trust me, this is the one lens that everyone needs, but one one buys. With one of those lenses you can shoot pretty close, lightning fast, and you can get an awesomely shallow depth of field.

They start at $99 for a Canon 50mm f/1.8 and $129 for a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.

Trust me, they may not zoom, but they're the best value you can get in a lense.

the thing is, 50mm isn't a "normal" lens on digital. a 35 or 30 or 28 would provide the equivalent view as 50 on full frame sensors. those lenses are quite a bit more expensive than the 50

anyways, i've pretty much made up my mind that my next lens will be the 85 f1.8, since i've got the normal range covered already. it wouldn't make sense for me to get a 50 or a 35

I'm no photographer, but I always have my phone on me:

l_76ce10c52febcf5d903238816e9bb6b1.jpg

Taken from my back doorstep.

l_e9833c6796613b6dfda785377ee625ee.jpg

This is how Portugal welcomed me.

l_0f0d19479dc3bf320d720cd139d3e351.jpg

I was hoping not to get my brother in this shot.

l_60d3dea53fa3c22f4dd6cfbaad7e258f.jpg

Frosty.

They're a small size because Myspace wrecked them, they are bigger as raw image.

This is great to see a lot of different styles of photography around here. It's awesome.

I have a small handful of photos I took awhile ago in a studio environment but they are "Not Safe For Work" if you catch my drift. They are, however, meant to be artistic.

If you're not 18 or whatever, please don't go poking around here. I do want to share these; just not with those who shouldn't be looking at these.

http://global-trance.com/post

Feedback welcome.

Hey Vurez what lens were you using for the macros? Those are great!

This is great to see a lot of different styles of photography around here. It's awesome.

I have a small handful of photos I took awhile ago in a studio environment but they are "Not Safe For Work" if you catch my drift. They are, however, meant to be artistic.

If you're not 18 or whatever, please don't go poking around here. I do want to share these; just not with those who shouldn't be looking at these.

http://global-trance.com/post

Feedback welcome.

Still looking for some feedback here and on the photos on my website if anyone can offer any.

Still looking for some feedback here and on the photos on my website if anyone can offer any.

back from work now so i can click on the link :-P

i think 690 is the definite standout of those pics.. great shot. the posing on 522 is kinda awkward. she looks like a corpse or something.. but maybe that was what you were going for

I realize that this is probably the most cumbersome way to show off pictures, but since I didn't think my stuff was really good enough (yet) to set up a dedicated site for, I ended up putting all my stuff from the past few years on my MySpace page.

For anyone interested, here is the link

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=170331848

Sorry about it being a pain, need to set up a flickr account sometime... when my stuff gets better hopefully!

Hey Vurez what lens were you using for the macros? Those are great!

Thanks. Believe it or not it's actually the lens that came with the camera. It's an EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens. Some of the pics are misleading though as they were cropped a bit (especially the fly pic).

Here are two more macros. The flowers were only cropped a little bit on the top and bottom. The bumblebee shot was cropped a little bit more but not as much as the fly pic.

pinkflowers.jpg

bumblebee.jpg

I pretty much agree with po!. Unfortunately, I can't give much critique aside from what po! already mentioned. All I can say is they all seem to have good contrast and a nice use of lighting.

I'm a photographer I guess. But I don't aim to be some kind of professional.

As most noobs, I do sunset photography mostly, though I haven't held the camera in a long time now due to the business in life. I have a hand full of cat photo's as well, and I enjoy catching rays falling through clouds (hence my username) and other natural scenes.

My work is in no way unique or whatever, but I do get a lot of energy from it and I love most of the things I got so far. It is in it's own way perfect to me.

You can view my works on http://rayfalling.deviantart.com/gallery. I also use my pictures in space scenes and textures.

I just like to capture things that look beautiful to me at a certain moment. Usually photos of such a moment help me to remember particular times of my life and inspire me when I look back on it later on. Especially the past 4 years have been very difficult and photography has helped me a lot in dealing with setbacks.

I even met my girlfriend through my photography.

Despite not wanting to be a professional, I would be interested in knowing what a good camera would be for me, since I want one of my own and I want it to fit my needs.

What I'm looking for is a digital camera with high mega pixel count, good zoomlens and the option to add other lenses/filters. Good range of ISO.

Something that can stand being pointed directly at the sun and have a variety of functions.

It also needs to be uhm...I think the English name for it is solar reflex? Price range around 300 - 400 Euros.

Any tips for not losing a camera? I believe I've lost two now. I want to take more pictures (not that point and shoot stuff, though) but need to devise a way to basically handcuff the damn thing to myself (which I would literally consider doing if a handcuff could fit on the camera).

I've seen enough photographs of sunrises to eliminate the need for me to ever see an actual one again (though I imagine I will), and what I love about yours, Kureejii, is that everything else is completely black. I've never seen that before.