OCR00950 - Mega Man X4 "Zero Sky"

djpretzel

8/10- Although your mix is far better than "ZerotheUltimateWarrior", both of you forgot about the best part of the song!!! I love that weird vocal sample in the background, but I don't really agree with the beat...overall though it was a very good mix.

Not only do I think the mix is great, I was shocked at first cause I thought to myself *where's the remix of zero's song* cause it was all good, but no remix, just beats. Then when teh first wave of the zero theme hit, I was blown away. This one is definetely worth everyone's time, pick it up now!

Heh, I was reading the reviews and I was thinking "What the hell's wrong with these people? This mix is awesome!" Then I saw that they were talkin about a DIFFERENT mix. *phew* good to know people haven't lost their minds.

Well, what can I say? This is some sweet straight-out trance. I like the way it starts. Kinda creepy, and all-around better than just playing the kick drum for the first few measures. The vocal samples are sweet and kinda reminded me of Indian music or something like that. They give a good atmosphere to the song. The ending isn't great. But I guess it's one of those "let's repeat the beat over and over so the DJ can mix into another song" endings. Overall, good stuff. And I don't wanna ever hear someone say "we have too many <insert genre here> remixes!!11."

EDIT: Oh, and it's REALLY wierd that two people remixed the same song in the same style around the same time. The lead synth is almost exactly the same too. Wierd.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, good old trance... think my favorite parts of the song is when the beat drops out for a few, then kicks back in and goes out before the theme starts up... though the ending does leave a little something to be desired, it's a good mix none the less. Good job.

• 2 months later...

I think this is an okay track...not one of the best, perhaps but by no means one of the worst.

I think the bass needs to be turned down when the synth is playing, though...it seems to overpower the whole thing. With that in mind, I quite like the synths. Ive noticed a couple of other reviews questionning whether they were in key or not, but they sounded alright to me (though Im not familiar with the track) so thats okay.

I also think its a little too long with little or no variation throughout (I mean...adding distorted claps doesnt count as radical variety)

The endings pretty bad as well...sounds like you got bored and wandered off...though that said its pretty good for putting into mixes because of the cut-off.

But...even with all these things...there's an overwhelming urge to listen even more...

Pretty good for fans of techno/trance, but probably not to everyones taste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok, first a little background. I used to be very much into dance clubs and the rave scene, but have more or less "dropped out" for the better part of two years. Like two days ago, a friend of mine suggested I check out this site. I then went on a downloading spree, snatching up some 40+ songs. Though the majority of them were enjoyable, THIS ONE WAS THE BEST, and BY A THICK MARGIN! Long story short, I spent hours (yes hours) dancing by myself in my bedroom with this song on repeat. Its that good. I also called up an old friend and insisted that we make "preperations" to get our butts to a rave as soon as humanly possible. Lastly, I full-on neglegted to write a term paper (which had been my reason for sitting down at my computer in the first place). If you like trance, then there is no earthly excuse for not downloading this song. :o

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This song is just amazing! 8O It has made its way to my heart and is easily my fave techno song ever (yes BETTER than blue sun, Sandstorm, take me away, or any other techno song I've heard yet.) You did a great job in this. If you sold a CD of songs this quality I'd buy it just BC I'd want to support your work! This is good stuff! :D:):o

(Edited BC I realized I only saw the first page. sorry guys I didn't read the whole thing.)

• 10 months later...

I got a little confused when I read all the negative posts about FFMDJ, I'm glad that it turned out to be a little major mistake. This actually sounds like a remix you would do. Begin with heavy beats, add a synth to take the lead, throw in some nice cymbals, add one synth, turn up the speed, get the kicking started, let it slow down then charge up, go at full throttle, then rave during the rest of the 4 minutes left, and voilá, you have an excellent trance remix right out of the frying pan.

Although there was much fuss about the voice samples, it turned to be good having them around, gave this piece a little foreign touch to it. Nice to see that you're trying out new games dude. Keep up the good work!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00950 - Mega Man X4 "Zero Sky"