Remixes by Hyadain

Dhsu

These have been getting pretty popular recently, but haven't shown up here for some reason, so I thought I'd share with you guys.

CRASH!!! (Let's do it)

The World Warrior

My First Friend

Golbez's Four Fiends of the Elements

There are many more, but these are the most well-known. They were all written/performed by one guy (not sure about the female vocals, who knows what's possible with technology these days). The Street Fighter II song is an original.

I've had these all stuck in my head since I watched them. The videos are entertaining and the game-related lyrics in the SF2 and FF4 songs are just great. And I don't think I'll be able to see/hear Crashman the same way again...

Yeah, makes me wonder why we don't have more stuff like this on OCR. Really thinking about submitting a piano solo in that style.

I don't think many people here are capable of pulling off harmonized J-pop style vocals (Jovette Rivera - Crossroads is an awesome exception to that though), but I'd definitely love to hear someone prove me wrong and do something like this. :)

I don't think many people here are capable of pulling off harmonized J-pop style vocals (Jovette Rivera - Crossroads is an awesome exception to that though), but I'd definitely love to hear someone prove me wrong and do something like this. :)

Well, there's a lot of autotuning in these videos. Some of it practically sounds synthesized in how perfectly the voices move together... in fact they might not have even been overdubbed, just copied + pitchshifted to make it tighter. I wouldn't be surprised. My guess is the female voices are a result of that technique too. Not that they aren't cool :) Just saying, it's not all about vocal skill.

Wowza. The Dr. Mario one had me bawling like a baby by the end (partly due to the fact that I'm seriously hopped up on meds right now, and partly because my dog who's been my best friend since I was five died a few weeks ago.) I seriously thought you guys were all just being a bunch of saps. I was wrong.

Of course the rest of the songs stand in very stark contrast to that one. This guy is hilarious.

• 9 months later...
I've managed to find a bunch of his mixes, including the tracks used on the music videos. I've placed them in a sendspace link in a zip file under the name "Hyadain Tracks". The only thing that's missing is "World Warrior"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9q49cl

Dang I hope you dont mind a necro on this ...

Some was asking me if I heard of Hyadain and sadly I have not so much. Does anyone have a site for him besides the paging through google for an hour. I am looking really for his Final Fantasy music remakes of course or any more information on who he is before I try to play some of his music. (thanks in advance)

• 4 weeks later...