FFX -- WIP -- Wandering Flame

MadGonzo

Oke so I started up a Remix of the FFX track Wandering flame, im sort of going for an ambient/electronica Hiphop beatbreak track.

and so I WIPed up this track, its pretty much still an OVERRIDE, but im just trying to get a concept going. get some ideas, I was thinking maybe something along the lines of Tweeks Frozenlandscape or Snowfall on forbidden fields by Sephfire and Ceili.

anyways I have gotten this beginnen but I am still lacking the Wandering Flame warmy thinkness from the original track, and any help on that would be appriciated, also any ideas on arrangement

I know its still rough, I just started it

nerl

For starters, that ambient pad intro is lovely. Don't change that ever. Your strings/orchestral-type stuff is pretty flat, though. Every note hits with the same velocity. I'm having a difficult time hearing the source tune in there, but it's pretty subtle in the original as well. I'm probably just missing it.

Your drumbeat needs a lot more meat as well. Especially with that layer of pads you have, a nice thick SGX-style groove could sound awesome. Drums and percussion are a really key element to the stuff Tweek and I do, even the chilled, ambient stuff (he and I are both drummers). What you have is a good start, but I recommend using it as the "intro" to your real beat. Use what you have as a kind of "first layer" and build up a nice beat from there.

Good luck with it.

edit:

If you're not sure what I mean about the percussion, send me your drumloop in a wav or mp3 and I can come up with an example for you.

Your strings/orchestral-type stuff is pretty flat, though. Every note hits with the same velocity. I'm having a difficult time hearing the source tune in there, but it's pretty subtle in the original as well. I'm probably just missing it.

Im gonna be working on that later tonight, but I have been having problems with Strings and so, maybe its the patches maybe the way I work with them...

And I myself have a problem hearing the scource tune aswell, The score is mostly from midi, but even the midi didnt seem quite the same as the original.

Im gonna be working on it some more tonight and tomorrow, anyways I know what you want me to do with the Percussion, but I uploaded the MP3 anyway, can't pass up a chance to see you use yor magic ;) and thx TheDemonKing

sqnf

I'm a bit out of practice, but here's an example.

http://www.sephfire.com/music/example.mp3

It's a small clip of your cool pads, starts with your drums and transitions to mine. Mine are pretty just a kick, snare and hat with a few loops distorted and layered beneath to fill it out. It's a bit more of a "groove" vibe than you seem to be going for, but you get the idea. Hopefully this helps in some sort of way. :oops:

edit:

Darn I love those pads. What software are you using?

dude sweet groove, and nice work on the quick sampling, im gonna try to override that groove into my project, Im experimenting with a different pitch and groove but ill probaly return to my previous one.

as for the software, unlike you I use Fruityloops, there was a time I used Reason allot more and I love the Composing freedom in reason, but now im using FL for the Mixing tools, VSTi's and Eyecandy.

The pads are from Vanilla FL Organ Sytrus and Nebula (tweaked) and a Hypersonic mixed soundscape.

I reworked it alot, making it alot more solid, and reworked the new groove and pitch in at the end, but im pretty much stuck I got some nice ideas and scapes created but I lack a solid flow something to keep the song carring on... I was thinking something along the lines of DragonAvengers Summoners LOve

anyways this is waht I got

qrkb