New VGDJ Released (and YES ITS VGDJ) - pg 1 link

Brushfire

...like reporting from Otakon...

I am planning on taking The OCR Variety Show (working title) to the Tokyo Game Show in October. As for the second person, I've lined up the opinionated owner of the console modding site Epicgaming.us (a site I regularly contribute too as well). He agreed to help me host and film. I also have my friend CJ (whom just learned of OCR from me) and wants to be a part of this too. Things seem to be coming together nicely.

For the opening of the podcast, I want to have a sorta montage of folks who frequent OCR doing game related stuff. If anyone wants to film themselves and send me a clip I will try to get them on the opening for the pilot.

Hit me up at Brushfire2004@gmail.com

Why not talk to anyone who filmed MAGFest? I'm sure that there's someone out there that wouldn't mind sharing footage. You could also plug MAGFest VII in the podcast.

• 6 months later...

OK! I haven't touched this little project of mine in some time but here goes an update.

As of 09 December we have:

Film editing software

An HD Video Camera

A "set"

A basic outline for episode flow

A co-host for counterpoints and whatnot

A place to host the video file

When the pilot airs (shooting for January 2nd), I will see if the big wigs here at OCR (Mr. Lloyd and any of the others of the main staff) to approve of this as the official podcast. If they dissapprove, the podcast will more than likely remain an underground thing I do whenever I can. If I do get the go ahead, however, I will make it a bi-weekly show with a new episode coming out every Friday evening or Saturday morning.

As far as hosting for the first episode, if it is a small enough episode, it will be hosted on youtube, but if I cannot get the file to a small enough size, I will host it on Epicgaming.us for the time being.

I do hope the final product is something everyone can be proud of. I will post more updates as they come.

Thanks guys.

~David

Is Zircon still gonna smite me for the whole "Panzer Truck" incident?

CUZ I CAN EXPLAIN!

I'm not trying to undermine any of the former hosts of VGDJ with this project, that is why out of respect to the artists who actually made music for this site and worked on VGDJ, I won't be using the name of the former podcast. I will figure out a different title for the time being.