New VGDJ Released (and YES ITS VGDJ) - pg 1 link

Brushfire

So this afternoon I had an unscheduled power outage while finalizing the first episode, and ALL of my video files for the episode were either deleted or corrupted. SO cast will be delayed a few days while I reshoot and remake the entire thing.

Why didn't I just copy from my camera as opposed to moving the files.

More news as it comes.

And since I have to reshoot, I will include the two newest mixes as they came out about an hour after I finished shooting. I'll blame that on the judges.

• 2 months later...

OK, I am writing the script for Pilot #1 of...

POCRCast!!

That is the Podcast for Overclocked Remix podCast!! Redundant yes, not as elegant as VGDJ, yes, but it took months of procrastination to come up with. When the script is finished I will send it to the judges panel, and they can edit out anything they don't or deem "inappropriate." I will be keeping this a PG Podcast, so swearing will be kept to a minimum for the kids.

Here is the flow for each episode. It will follow a format of intro, highlights from the two weeks, new songs, OCRtist Spotlight, Outside the Game Box, Game Reviews (usually one per week), and outro.

If there aren't any more questions, that is all I got for now. I am shooting for a Sunday Afternoon/Saturday Night for ya'll release date.

• 4 months later...

OK! This time I have no destractions, no moving, and no cohosts!!

I have made a few changes to the format I purposed back in April. The biggest change in it is the involvement of the OCRtists that are featured on the cast. I am asking them to provide soundbites, giving listeners a better understanding of how the track they are about to listen to came into exsistance. I am going to ask the evaluators to do the same thing in regards to what they said when the track was posted. I feel that this will let the listener here the decision straight from the horses mouth as it were.

Another change that isn't as big, but could be considered, is that Zirc said he is fine with me carrying on the VGDJ name. After I can get confirmation from the previous hosts as well, I will carry the torch.

As for the rest of it, the format will remain unchanged, in a hopes that the success that VGDJ had almost 3 years ago will live on.

I am shooting for episode 1 to be finished Sunday night and up on Monday. I am still working out the kinks for an RSS feed, but at the very least you will be able to hear something.

OK after fighting with Soundbooth for a while, I have gotten the majority of episode 1 down. I am taking a break now and will finish it up tomorrow, and everyone will be happy. For the first few weeks, the cast will not have an RSS feed. I will be working on that this weekend, though I am hopeful I can have it up and running by the end of the week, that way folks can get it via iTunes.

I will post again when it is finished tomorrow. So stay tuned.

PREVIEW~!

Sorta.

Credits are in order anyway.

Theme Song

VGDJ Happy Mix - Xerol

Music Featured

Final Fantasy XI: Battling Despair at Dawn - Tweek

F-Zero GX: Beyond Velocity - Rozovian

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Snowboadin' Sonic - Willrock

Mega Man 2: Dr. Wily Symphonic - Blue.Nocturne

Metroid: Metroid Begins - aJiLe

Mega Man X: Dreams Come True - Star Salzman

Final Fantasy X: The Twilight Ivory - Palpable

Background Music

Donkey Kong Country: Flying with the Funk - Tweek

Phantasy Star: Wanta Phanta - analoq

Beyond Good and Evil: Frame of Mind - Aurora, Distructo, SGX

Shadow of the Ninja: Two Shadows Appear - Braincells

The Adventures of Bayou Billy: Trippin' on Alligators - Mazedude

Bumpers

Level 99

Dyne

Oinkness

Epitaph

Editor

Ashamee

Special thanks goto Ashamee, Garian, Another Soundscape, Tweek, Willrock, Dyne, Epitaph, Level 99, Oinkness, Larry Oji, David Lloyd, and all the listeners and feedback d00ds.

ANYWAY! It is almost done. There are some bugs with this one to look out for, but these problems should be tied to this pilot episode, and not make an appearence after this podcast.

Set to be out tonight at 2100 (9 PM EDT).

Stay Tuned.

I'm really excited for this podcast and I hope Brush continues it! Especially now that VGFrequency is more or less out of the picture too, the community could use something like this.

On a quick aside, Brush did misunderstand me (or maybe I miscommunicated, I've been kinda overwhelmed with post-honeymoon stuff) about the name of the podcast; my suggestion was that he change it from VGDJ to something else. A few reasons; one is that this is a completely different format, it's a solo host, and it has video. So, it makes sense to set it apart on that level. But also, it's really *Brush* behind this. None of the VGDJ folks had anything to do with it and so I think he deserves a fresh title, since this is really a from-scratch effort. Lastly - and this is just on a logistics level - it would be better to have a new website w/ a new name as opposed to the old site, which at this point is really outdated with a massive gap in updates, not to mention that again the format is completely changing so there's really not any continuity per se like there was with the old VGDJ host changes. (Additionally, we haven't been able to access the old vgdj.net site for years... it might be uneditable.)

Only question that remains is really what the new name should be! My vote is for something like "OCRCast", but somewhat less bland.

Guys - Using a different name than VGDJ makes a lot more sense for a bunch of reasons. Brush and I talked about it over PM and he agrees. The first is pure logistics. We don't have any access to the old site (VGDJ.net) and the blogger connection is completely severed. So, he would have to create a whole new website for a videocast of the same name. Huh? That would be confusing.

Also, it really is a completely different show unrelated to VGDJ. Different format, different host (single as opposed to two), video instead of just audio (so it's not even a podcast, technically)... so that's a second good reason. Another reason is that this is BRUSHFIRE's show. Jill and I ran VGDJ using the same format (with some tweaks) created by hosts before us. But Brush is doing this all himself, from scratch. We don't take any credit for that, and I think he deserves his own name.

I know Brush has been working hard on this thing for weeks, if not months. Can we focus on his videocast, not the name? :P