New VGDJ Released (and YES ITS VGDJ) - pg 1 link

Brushfire

Thank you, Sir Brushfire, for your effort :)

I enjoyed the episode; it made my day brighter.

Where did you get stuck in Sonic 3, by the way? (Is it the annoying up/down rotating drum in Carnival Night Zone?)

I hate to say I got stuck in stage 4, but yeah. FUKKING CARNIVAL NIGHT.

That damn stage would always drain my lives.

I like Sonic 2 better.

And thanks for that sound bite Anso.

I hate to say I got stuck in stage 4, but yeah. FUKKING CARNIVAL NIGHT.

That damn stage would always drain my lives.

Seriously? If it's the barrel "trap", then that was ridiculously easy to figure out, even when I was 12. Just jump on the barrel to get it moving, then hold the d-pad in the direction that the barrel is traveling until it reaches the peak of its travel, and then press it in the opposite direction. Repeat until you get the barrel low enough to jump off. It's kind of like an increasing pendulum effect.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qO1GJgYIDs&feature=related

It took me a little while to figure it out. At first, I thought it was proportional to the amount of downward force created by jumping. It wasn't until I finally realized that Sega wasn't going to bother with a realistic physics engine at that particular stage of game development that I did the up/down thing and got past that stupid barrier. I hated having to wait for the time to run out, since there was no way to kill yourself. At least, not unless you knew the trick the barrier in the first place.

Seriously? If it's the barrel "trap", then that was ridiculously easy to figure out, even when I was 12. Just jump on the barrel to get it moving, then hold the d-pad in the direction that the barrel is traveling until it reaches the peak of its travel, and then press it in the opposite direction. Repeat until you get the barrel low enough to jump off. It's kind of like an increasing pendulum effect.

Easy to figure out? I had a HUGE amount of trouble at it and I know I lot of others that did as well... I thought it was a level design flaw at first.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qO1GJgYIDs&feature=related

Ridiculously easy? Are you nuts? There had never been a puzzle of that type in any Sonic game EVER, and to throw one in there randomly was just plain stupid. I have not known a single person who has ever been able to figure it out, and I grew up never getting past that stage because of that stupid thing.

I don't remember ever having that many problems with it. Granted, I probably got a few time-overs back when I first played it, but I'm pretty sure I figured it out myself. I didn't have internet access until YEARS later (I was 6 when I first played the game!), and I never had any magazines or guide books...

This is well put together, and I like the amount of guest clips. I think the only thing I miss from the old version was that had two hosts = whimsical banter.

Guess you missed the stinger? ^_~ Sorry for all the drama-hype, guys. It was, indeed, a joke that has been in the works for a while now. Long story short:

VGDJ *is* coming back, and it is going to be tri-hosted, with brushfire on board!

The original idea was to do a videocast, but after a time brush realized that he wouldn't be able to keep that up on his own. Still, Andy and I saw/heard how enthusiastic he was about the show (and what a good radio personality he has)... so we discussed it all together, and came upon the realization that with three hosts, the work is a lot more manageable. Combined with the fact that the two of us now have school and wedding behind us, the timing is finally right.

Naturally, with three hosts, there are going to be a few changes to the show format... but good ones - you'll see! (And yes, no more Podcast Alley voting. Nobody cares about that anymore. ^-^)

Guess you missed the stinger? ^_~ Sorry for all the drama-hype, guys. It was, indeed, a joke that has been in the works for a while now. Long story short:

VGDJ *is* coming back, and it is going to be tri-hosted, with brushfire on board!

The original idea was to do a videocast, but after a time brush realized that he wouldn't be able to keep that up on his own. Still, Andy and I saw/heard how enthusiastic he was about the show (and what a good radio personality he has)... so we discussed it all together, and came upon the realization that with three hosts, the work is a lot more manageable. Combined with the fact that the two of us now have school and wedding behind us, the timing is finally right.

Naturally, with three hosts, there are going to be a few changes to the show format... but good ones - you'll see! (And yes, no more Podcast Alley voting. Nobody cares about that anymore. ^-^)

Wow... well, that was a fairly extravagent tease...

When's the next episode?

I can't wait to hear more VGDJ! The previous incarnation with zircon & pixie was my first podcast, and probably the most entertaining of them all for me knowing that it had to do with the community. It's great to see that Brushfire is bringing it back, and with zircon & pixie with it!

And yes, I knew about the drama being staged :razz:

Hahaha... Sorry. :3

As for your question, Abadoss, we're still working out some of the technical issues with regards to getting the site working again, setting up voicemail, etc. I think we're going to be shooting for Friday night releases so that people can enjoy the show over the weekend, but not positive yet. Next show will *hopefully* be released next Friday or Saturday, if all goes well.

We'll keep you guys updated! Probably going to start a new thread soon with more official info.