New VGDJ Released (and YES ITS VGDJ) - pg 1 link

Brushfire

VGDJ *is* coming back, and it is going to be tri-hosted, with brushfire on board!

Yay! :D

As for the Carnival Night Zone barrel, my friend and I kept thinking that we should jump on the barrel repeatedly to get it down (like Abadoss did, perhaps). After a lot of frustration, I think we started to press down just to vent some frustrated energy (on hindsight, we were pretty lucky to get by this way). After a few more tries, we realize the up-down D-pad method :D

But the opening of Ice Cap Zone more than made up for it (back then).

So I just listened to this "debut" VGDJ episode of yours, Brush. You seem like a down-to-earth, enthusiastic, and likable guy...at least that's how I interpret your "radio persona". However, criticisms stick out more since there's no co-host(s) therefore no interaction whatsoever. Everything is straight-forward and non-spontaneous. I don't feel like you're speaking out to me, the listener. I commend how cool your radio voice is and how you try as much as possible to mix it up. But I still feel that most of what you're saying is scripted, despite the supposed script being well-written. I did like what you did in the remixing roulette section, having trouble pronouncing the names. Maybe commenting on some of the "remixer voice clips" sent to you after they're played will turn it up a notch (I found AnSo's to be funny at the end of it). Additionally, it doesn't help that you're reading DJP and Judges' comments word-for-word (at least that's what I think you did). It's better to quote them sparsely and summarize their thoughts in your own words. Finally, there were times when you really sped up your words, almost sounding like a Zero Punctuation review or something. I don't mind changing your tempo here and there since it is a radio show and all...but try not to eat up your words.

No hating, man. I'd like to hear more of you and like Soundscape mentioned in the podcast, take these criticisms to heart. I think adding a co-host will eliminate most, if not all, of these problems. Having these spontaneous, on-the-spot moments are what make podcasts great in my opinion. I checked back a few posts and I was delighted to see zircon and pixie joining you...but that spoiled the hilarious skit at the end for me. Honestly, any co-host would've made this show much better...but I'd imagine having zircon and his wife is going to be uber-awesome.

Can't wait to see what the future holds. Keep up the good work, man.

So I just listened to this "debut" VGDJ episode of yours, Brush. You seem like a down-to-earth, enthusiastic, and likable guy...at least that's how I interpret your "radio persona". However, criticisms stick out more since there's no co-host(s) therefore no interaction whatsoever. Everything is straight-forward and non-spontaneous. I don't feel like you're speaking out to me, the listener. I commend how cool your radio voice is and how you try as much as possible to mix it up. But I still feel that 99% percent of what you're saying is scripted, despite the supposed script being well-written. Maybe commenting on some of the "remixer voice clips" sent to you after they're played will turn it up a notch (I found AnSo's to be funny at the end of it). Additionally, it doesn't help that you're reading DJP and Judges' comments word-for-word (at least that's what I think you did). It's better to quote them sparsely and summarize their thoughts in your own words. Finally, there were times when you really sped up your words, almost sounding like a Zero Punctuation review or something. I don't mind changing your tempo here and there since it is a radio show and all...but try not to eat up your words.

No hating, man. I'd like to hear more of you and like Soundscape mentioned in the podcast, take these criticisms to heart. I think adding a co-host will eliminate most, if not all, of these problems. Having these spontaneous, on-the-spot moments are what make podcasts great in my opinion. I checked back a few posts and I was delighted to see zircon and pixie joining you...but that spoiled the hilarious skit at the end for me. Honestly, any co-host would've made this show much better...but I'd imagine having zircon and his wife is going to be uber-awesome.

Can't wait to see what the future holds. Keep up the good work, man.

Check earlier - zircon & pixietricks will be co-hosting alongside Brushfire!

Yeah, we should all cut Brush some slack. This was just a way for him to start getting comfortable recording, and the format of the show is going to be somewhat different with all three of us. ^_~ I think for a debut episode he did very well!

Yeah...I thought of this as a "preview" episode of sorts after I read about the big announcement. I didn't mean to sound mean...and I'm definitely looking forward to more of his stuff. I'm just helping out so that he can do better in the future because he has a lot of potential. Brush definitely has a nice radio voice and sounds comfortable hosting, both of which are extremely important. In that light, the positives outweigh the negatives I mentioned in my previous post.

I totally agree that this debut episode was rather bland, but it was an experiment to see If I could actually do it. You have to forgive me on this one, and I do not take your criticisms with anger in my head. In fact I welcome it. I know there was A LOT of problems with this one, as I am learning how to use soundbooth.The next one should sound a lot cleaner, more focused, and spontaneous. Like I said, there is more to come, and you may be surprised.

And to those who don't know, That was not ANOTHER SOUNDSCAPE in there. That was IRC funny man Oinkness.

I thought Brushfire did a good job on his first episode, and I'm looking forward to more. It will be a lot better with co-hosts, so things can only go up.

I definatley like the soundbites from remixers: "This is _____ and you're listening to VGDJ" You should try to get tons of mixers to do that.

Also, Brushfire, did you get my reply?

I'm happy to see VGDJ is indeed coming back. Brushfire has a great "radio" voice, but zircon and pixie will really liven up the show. I'm curious to hear about the new changes. I hope you continue to request voice clips from ReMixers. (That was always my favorite part of the show.) It adds quite a bit of depth and personality to the segment. I like the idea of getting sound bites from various Remixers saying, "This is _____ and you're listening to VGDJ." I'd be up for it.