MIDI track into kontak 3

how do I have a midi track run through kontakt 3 in fl studio? Im uploading a midi file into fl. when I try to replace the midi channel with kontakt no sound will play. the only midi track I can attach is the first channel, when I have the same port number as kontakt.

I would like to be able to attach every midi track to their own seperate kontakt channel.

thanks,

Greg

Not entirely sure what you mean here, but if you're just having trouble replacing your midi channel with a kontakt 3 channel then you should just be able to hit replace>kontakt 3, does only kontakt3 not work? If you're still having trouble then try this;

file>import>midi

then try these options;

start new project (unchecked)

create one channel per track (unchecked)<- this one is important

realign events (checked)

Which tracks to import? all tracks

which channels to import? (all checked)

Now you should just be able to replace the midi channels with kontakt or whatever you want, if you still can't you could always try importing the midi then just cut+paste it from the midi channel into the kontakt channel's piano roll.

Hope this helps, if I'm way off then try to explain what you need a little better.

Not entirely sure what you mean here, but if you're just having trouble replacing your midi channel with a kontakt 3 channel then you should just be able to hit replace>kontakt 3, does only kontakt3 not work? If you're still having trouble then try this;

file>import>midi

then try these options;

start new project (unchecked)

create one channel per track (unchecked)<- this one is important

realign events (checked)

Which tracks to import? all tracks

which channels to import? (all checked)

Now you should just be able to replace the midi channels with kontakt or whatever you want, if you still can't you could always try importing the midi then just cut+paste it from the midi channel into the kontakt channel's piano roll.

Hope this helps, if I'm way off then try to explain what you need a little better.

the weird thing is, when I copy and paste the piano roll it still doesnt work! even when I copy the notes and start a new project! it is something with kontakt though Im not sure what. soundfonts work when I replace it, or copy and paste the notes, and so does everything else I tried. I really want to use kontakt because I have my best samples in that software. when I write out my own piano roll, and copy it over to kontakt it works perfect. I have never been so confused with fl.

if anyone has kontakt and fl, try downloading any midi from here http://www.teamartail.com/midi/ (such as green hill from sonic 1). and try replacing any midi track with kontakt, other than the first channel. for some reason thats the only one that will work.

Im not sure if there is something wrong with the midi's Im downloading. if thats even possible...

What you need to do is give Kontakt a port. In the upper right of the Kontakt wrapper you should see a box with ---. Change that to, say, "2". Now, go through your MIDI Out channels. Make sure they are all set to Port 2. Then, in Kontakt 3, load up your instruments. Each one by default is set to MIDI channel. That MIDI channel will correspond with your MIDI out notes. So, if you load a guitar, that's going to be on Midi Channel 1, Port 2, by default. Any MIDI Out that is set to Channel 1, Port 2 will trigger the sound in Kontakt 3.

What you need to do is give Kontakt a port. In the upper right of the Kontakt wrapper you should see a box with ---. Change that to, say, "2". Now, go through your MIDI Out channels. Make sure they are all set to Port 2. Then, in Kontakt 3, load up your instruments. Each one by default is set to MIDI channel. That MIDI channel will correspond with your MIDI out notes. So, if you load a guitar, that's going to be on Midi Channel 1, Port 2, by default. Any MIDI Out that is set to Channel 1, Port 2 will trigger the sound in Kontakt 3.

you explained it perfect! thank you!