FL Slayer + amps?

Does anyone know if you can add amps to the drop-down amp menu in FL Slayer?

I've got virtual amps like Studio Devil and the Wagner Sharp Tube Preamp, but I lost my guitar cord (and don't know how to use it with my computer anyway, I'm a noob) and (as easy as it is to go out and buy another one) it'd be cool if there was a way someone knew of to put virtual amps in a virtual guitar..."feature" in a program.

...Wow, that was really tedious to say.

Anyway, yeah. Anyone got the knowledge of such things?

no you can't add amps to the drop down amp menu in fl slayer.

You can, however, make the output of slayer go into a virtual amp.

Load in slayer. Link slayer to mixer track K. where K is 1,2,3,4 or w/e

Load in virtual amp on mixer track K.

Done

If they're DLLs, they're presumably plugins in some format FL Studio can recognize (been a while since I used it, but I know it at least recognizes VST and DXI plugins). If FL Studio recognizes the plugin DLLs (i.e. knows where they are, and they're not in a format FL Studio doesn't support), you should be able to add one of those effects in a similar way to the way you added Slayer.

Also, KVR does have some ads, yes, but it has a fantastic database of plugins and some good forums. In general, it is *the* place to go for information on plugins unless you know someone on a site like this who has the plugin you're asking about or the manufacturer has good forums on their website.

Okay, I guess I was linked wrong because the link he gave me was a domain-for-sale site.

And my FL Studio 8 came with Slayer, but I can't figure out where to put my amp sims to get them to work.

Yes, yes you were linked wrong. No dash between kvr and audio in the domain name. Try this.

Thanks! However, I've put my amp sims in a number of folders including my C:\Program Files\Vstplugins folder (which it chooses by default to search for plugins), and I have no idea where to find them in the program itself so I can actually use them. Anyone got info's for that?

THE SLAYER SUCKS.

I was trying to do the same thing as you not too long ago.

you can have a lot more realistic guitar sound using this free soundfont (if you have some kind of distortion software)

http://sound.thasauce.net/sf2/ultimate_guitar_kit_2.rar

extract it into,

\Image-Line\FL Studio 8\Data\Patches\Soundfonts, open FL studio, look for soundfont on the side browser, right click "ultimate guitar kit", and simply add a new channel.

to run it through distortion open the mixer at the top, right click "insert1", click "link selected channels - to this track". Im pretty sure the distorion has to be a VST though... save your VST into, \Image-Line\FL Studio 8\Plugins\VST.

to load the distortion, click on the first input on the right of the mixer. if you dont see your distortion plugin click "more..." at the top. then when the window pops up hit "refresh" at the bottom. you should see your plugin highlighted in red. check the box to activate it. just click the first input on the mixer, load your plugin and your all set!

8 step instructions to make fl find your amp sim. and how to use it with slayer DON'T SKIP ANY STEPS

1.) ok to find the folder the amp sim is in go to OPTIONS --> FILE SETTINGS,

2.) click on one of the folders that is blank, and find the folder that the amp sim is in.

NEXT,

3.) click on your slayer channel. in that grey box that appears, in the upper right hand corner there is a box with two dashes in it. make it so it says a number(this is assigning it to a mixer channel.)

4.)open up the mixer. click on the channel that you assigned the slayer to.

5.)on the right side of the mixer theres a series of drop down menu's (these are your inserts.) click on one of the drop down menus and click on MORE.

6.)at the bottom of this window theres a box that says MORE (or something like that) click on this and choose FAST SCAN. this should find the plugin in the menu. keep window open

7.) find your plug in in the list and make sure its checked. close this window

8.) finally, click on the drop down menu in the mixer again and choose your plugin!

hope this helps.

copyright 1makes2 2008

all piracys will be shat upon

If you have any more trouble with this then I'd recommend you watch a few tutorials or something just to help understand how a DAW (specifically fruity loops in this case) works, fool around a little bit and try to learn how channels/vst's/vsti's work in the program, it will be tough to do too much of anything productive without this knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.

Buy a guitar. Learn how to play it. Not only are they ridiculously cheap compared to new synths or plugins, it's also not complete rocket science to learn the skill, and it's good to expand your horizons.

I'll be getting an electric from a friend tomorrow and if it works out I'm going to get something that costs more than this borrowed thingy.

Yeah.

Buy a guitar. Learn how to play it. Not only are they ridiculously cheap compared to new synths or plugins, it's also not complete rocket science to learn the skill, and it's good to expand your horizons.

I'll be getting an electric from a friend tomorrow and if it works out I'm going to get something that costs more than this borrowed thingy.

I have a Fender Squier, I just can't play it. I'm a keyboardist, see, and inevitably a shitty guitarist. The most I can play on it is the Duke Nukem 3D theme song.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now that I have functional virtual amps and am relatively happy with them, I'm looking for virtual amps (or any guitar simulation) that can...well...play lower notes. On my 61-note keyboard, the virtual amps play from my low E to the high D, and I sometimes use my transposition to lower my key sounds...but it doesn't work with these. Anyone got some helpful info on this?