Legend of Zelda: LttP - Sacred Flute

I remember when playing that game, there was this weird kid in the forest who would play the flute and disappear when you would get close to him. I always thought that the flute melody would make a great remix, so yup, I did one based on it.

http://files.filefront.com/Sacred+Flute+Finalmp3/;10499773;/fileinfo.html

It's not quite done yet, but I hope to transition it to Saria's Song and/or the main theme of Zelda games. I usually don't do non-orchestral songs, so any comments on how I could improve the percussion and beat would nice. Like, I'm most concerned about the choice of the kick, because it seems to fit in some sections and other sections it feels too exposed.

I thought your use of percussions was very effective to making the song faster and more upbeat. I like the lack of overuse of cymbals--overuse of cymbals being something that I see too often.

I didn't notice the kick too much, or at least feel it was to overexposed. I liked its use.

It might be nice to hear less on-the-beat percussions in the beginning. Or maybe just more off-the-beat percussion. But, as I said, you already have a very effective use; I just stylistically never do strait on-beat percussions in my own stuff (preference).

The pacing is pretty good. The intro isn't so long--or slow--that I get bored before the song starts. No movements last too long and none too short.

I'd say, overall great job.

wow another great one, I love this one too, it reminds me of if LttP was a cartoon movie, something you would hear while Link was on his journey in that area. This one seems without flaws at first, but listening more into it....ok no there are still none that I can hear. Its the right mellow sound that complements the flute in the game, really up-beat and nice ^.^ well done again

wow. i thot i was blown away by the beginnings of your KH remix, this one really did the trick! i really like the opening. maybe just tune it up a little...seems a little disjointed with the flow of the rest. but otherwise good. then the plays on the melody are amazing! i especially like the end play of the original theme. great way to slow it down a little and tie everything together. really a great piece. i can't believe that i hadn't heard a previous remix for this.

oh, and about tying it to sora's song, or the main theme...i don't think that's a good idea. i think it would make it muddy. although this is short, i think this piece is already near submission time!

kudos!

Shoot, bub, Im going to have to have me a hear at that source.

This song was fine. I am going to give you some life advice. Just as overusing cymbals happens too much, so does the general use of clapping. I know you didnt use clapping and thats great, but if you are ever making a non-symphonic song and think to yourself, hey this song would be better with clapping, then you will be sorely wrong. The only song that didnt fail with clapping was gerudo valley, for reasons I cannot explain.

Just remember, clapping=gay insecure noob

@kobuu: I never did a KH remix here, the most I ever did of it were midis and arrangements. I am considering to do one eventually though. Maybe you got me confused for BlueMagic?

@Glitch: I believe the flute boy song is not in the SPC archive of the game, so I had to base it off midis and memory. Plus I find situations rare when clapping sounds cool, so no need to worry about that.

Oh yes, I ninja updated it awhile ago. It should now be a total of 2:54, with a violin solo and the main theme added.

To me, it almost feels like a cop-out going into the main Zelda theme during this. I think it's strong enough to stand on its own without having to rely on that (well, except maybe for the acoustic guitar sample, it's kind of weak).

In my opinion, you should cut out the main Zelda theme and write some more based on what you have already, because it's strong enough for it.