PRC121: It Never Hurts to Help the Compo - Part 2 (Eek! the Cat)

Rexy

The mixing stage is over! Now let's dive into the voting stage, y'all. Do do this, you visit the visit the ThaSauce page and listen to the entries there, then at the bottom of the page you select three mixes and order them from first to third, with a reasoning attached. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will automatically gain three points for themselves if they do so. The vote of PRC120's winner (Siamey) will count twice. You have until Tuesday, June 3rd at 4:59AM EST to make your vote. The winner will get to pick the source material for PRC122!

Binweasel - Terminal Shock

Chickenwarlord - Inside the UFO

just64helpin - Seek the Cat

munchi - When Saucers ATTACK!!

setokaibarocket - Damn, Can't Think of a Good Title

The People's Remix Competition 121

PRCv5-17

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition! Last contest's Final Fantasy VI related endeavor continued to push the intense turnouts that PRC has been receiving as of late, thanks to a total of five contributing mixes for Jidoor's Magic House. And it was a comeback from Siamey that secured the fate of this coming contest - an intricate fusion of FF6, FF8 and mid-tempo trance (in which he thought sounded more like something Timbaland would do) were what was on offer in his winning entry.

Before we move ahead to this coming contest, let's cast our minds all the way back to PRC93, where after winning a Teddy Boy based contest, Siamey picked a track from a SNES game based on a Fox Kids cartoon. However, miscommunication on the song choice resulted in a poor one-entry turnout, the abolishment of the original PRC system and the stimulus for analoq's conception of the Compo ThaSauce system used today. Now, Siamey is willing to revisit the past but will the results be better received this time around? Or will it, like PRC93, take the show's catchphrase "It never hurts to help" to a different meaning altogether?

prc93.gif

so this time I am going to do it right, since last time i requested the wrong song from this game. (its the trancey one with the cool strings intro)

lol sorry for the confusion last time.

Eek! the Cat - Flying Saucer (Stage 2)

MIDI | MP3 | SPC

If only if Siamey linked to the sound rip at snesmusic.org rather than Zophar, that would have saved me trouble squatting through the first level and the game's sloppy control scheme just to find out where this track is played. But oh well, it speaks volumes on how everything else was done right... or so I think.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, May 31st at 4:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifee, and we'll help you out.

3rd place is much like a double bubble bubble gum. At first it's hard to chew, then it tastes real good for five seconds then it's hard, nasty and leaves a terrible aftertaste. Not to mention your teeth hurt. In other words, I'm so in this competition!

I'm actually finding it rather easy... I seem to have picked a good style, lots of room for, y'know... stuff. The problem I'm having is time. I should be able to finish by the deadline, though. Done the composing bit now, just to patch the midi into Reason tomorrow.

But at least I've learned not to rent an entire season of Battlestar Galactica from a place that only gives you a day to watch it.

... Say, can anyone here play bagpipes?

The mixing stage is over! Now let's dive into the voting stage, y'all. To do this, you visit the visit the ThaSauce page and listen to the entries there, then at the bottom of the page you select three mixes and order them from first to third, with a reasoning attached. Contestants are encouraged to vote as they will automatically gain three points for themselves if they do so. The vote of PRC120's winner (Siamey) will count twice. You have until Tuesday, June 3rd at 4:59AM EST to make your vote. The winner will get to pick the source material for PRC122!

Binweasel - Terminal Shock

Chickenwarlord - Inside the UFO

just64helpin - Seek the Cat

munchi - When Saucers ATTACK!!

setokaibarocket - Damn, Can't Think of a Good Title

Alright, time to seal the poll! Now, which of you lucky devils have escaped from the UFO alive, with Annabelle's sanity intact? And which of you had to give her up to become a giant space battery?

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 9

Highest possible score - 27

Binweasel claims his first ever last place wooden spoon with 5 points.

munchi bit his way into fourth place with 9 points.

setokaibarocket renegade-master'd straight into third place with 13 points (nice Wildchild reference btw).

Chickenwarlord just got stuck in the escape hatch - second place with 16 points.

And the winner of PRC121 is just64helpin with 23 points!

Well done on your first win! It takes guts for something milder than the usual to achieve first, but you proved yourself to be very popular amongst the PRC crowd. Since this is your first win, I might as well explain the basis on picking the source tune. It can be any song as long as it hasn't been covered on OCR; this can mean anything whether it's an uncovered track from a popular game (e.g. Sonic 1 boss) or tracks from a game with little coverage yet (e.g. the entire Sonic Heroes score); furthermore, tracks covered on site projects but not on the main site (e.g. Sonic 3 Carnival Night Zone) are still fair game. I expect to have the source tune in my inbox by Friday.

Thanks for your time gentlemen, and I hope to see you again for the next exciting instalment of PRC :D