Any VGmusic sequencers here?

Sole Signal

My curiosity was piqued due to a recent post. How many people here have midis posted at vgmusic? Post a link! As for myself, I have:

(N64) Banjo-Tooie- Glitter Gulch Mine (Rock Remix) (easily the best one)

(N64) Blast Corps - Credits (Rock Remix)

(N64) Beetle Adventure Racing - Coventry Cove

Link:

http://vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/index-af.html

And yes, they're all very bad. :<

I've done some midis for VGMusic, but they're not very good (mostly stuff for the NES and PC, but a few SNES, PSX/2, etc. as well).

I've got much more back-logged into an unfinished directory on a personal flash drive, but for whatever reason, I haven't bothered getting them finished yet (despite the fact that some are practically done and may only need some slight touch-up). Meh. Hopefully I'll get to 'em some time.

Why aren't you guys posting links? :P

If someone wants links for mine, it'd be much easier to just head to my website instead of VGM. That way you don't have to search through a load of different pages. If I was to link to each VGMusic archive of my sequences, it'd take me bloody forever because I've gone and recategorized my midis in my own archives so that they're easier to remember the filenames to. In hindsight I wish I'd done it that way at the beginning when I first started submitting them to the VGM Archives, but unfortunately I didn't.

[edit]

I will give you fair warning that mine aren't that good anyway though, or at least that's my opinion. They're passable, but that's about it. Most of 'em aren't that XG friendly either, but there are a few that are. For listeners using MSGS, it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, and FYI, that's not a shameless plug or anything. I just thought it'd be easier to list 'em this way.

@Jose: Are you the same Jose from VGM (mod/admin)?

To think I was so proud of getting that first midi posted at VGmusic, hadn't even heard of OCR then.

Why aren't you guys posting links? :P

Dr. Fruitcake has a bunch of MIDIs there.

Yeah, he's a master of MIDI and arrangement. I've got a folder with all his work around here somewhere. I was also a big fan of Dave Phaneuf's (sp?), Daniel Witt's, and Jarel Jones's work.

I did these two back in 03-04

Flashback - holocube song:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/apple/macintosh/index-af.html

Kirby's Adventure - Orange Ocean:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/index-gr.html#Kirbys_Adventure

I also thought it was pretty awesome getting a song on there. I discovered OCR right after doing these.

EDIT:

I submitted a really shitty Mario RPG medley years and years ago, and I've never checked to see if it actually got posted.

Midget Boy, I presume?

I used to sequence a lot of midis at VGmusic, but I'm starting to like just making mp3s now. I mainly did midis for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Kingdom Hearts I and II. I'd say my best one was the very last one I did, which was Gusty Garden from Super Mario Galaxy. Although sadly, forum activity seems to be dropping quite a bit in VGmusic.

My most recent submission is from Einhander, a killer soundtrack:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sony/ps1/index-af.html

The first two listed are what I did. And I did Arc the Lad 3 (same link) where I did versions for the Proteus 2 as well as GM...not the best of orchestral synths, but it's a classic. The oboe on it is one of its better sounds.

Although sadly, forum activity seems to be dropping quite a bit in VGmusic.

I've noticed that as a growing trend as well. It's been even worse as of late. It appears that the VGM Forum is dying, and that's rather sad. :-(

I've noticed that as a growing trend as well. It's been even worse as of late. It appears that the VGM Forum is dying, and that's rather sad. :-(

Thi is trend I've seen almost everwhere. People are getting older, growing up and moving on. It's sad, but it's life. Many of them now are in college, and/or have full time jobs and careers now, bills to play, and some even have children now. Coupled with the ever increasing amount of assholes, retards, n00bs, and general immaturity, it's no surprise forum activity everywhere is dropping.

Thi is trend I've seen almost everwhere. People are getting older, growing up and moving on. It's sad, but it's life. Many of them now are in college, and/or have full time jobs and careers now, bills to play, and some even have children now. Coupled with the ever increasing amount of assholes, retards, n00bs, and general immaturity, it's no surprise forum activity everywhere is dropping.

I hope that wasn't a slant at me... :razz:

But yeah. I know pretty much why it happens. Some people are oversensitive, some goof around too much, some are creeps, some are too busy, and then some are just plain knuckleheads; but that stuff can happen just about anywhere. It's not really aimed at VGM or anything. It's just life. *shrugs*

I suppose only real reason an ol' duffer like me seems to hang around as much as I do is because I'm really just a loser/nutter who doesn't like think of something better to do with my time when I'm not working, eating, sleeping, or playing games. I'd spend more time sequencing, but I have some computer issues and then personal problems that like to get in the way... *shrugs again* Live and let learn, I guess...

[edit]

I forgot that another reason would be because I don't really socialize or go out much in RL. In fact, I pretty much avoid it whenever and wherever I can.