Chiptunes repeat?

Sengin

In the chiptune formats (gym, spc, etc..), is there any data to say "repeat when you get to the end to go to 0:7.4543"? I ask because the chiptunes are usually just one loop through the song, which is not enough to enjoy classic Sonic music. So I was wondering if there was a preference option I missed to include repeat data from a chiptune format, since if the gym file is supposed to be an accurate representation of the song, it should have a point within it to tell the genesis to continue the song at 0:7.4543 or at bit 3216 or something. And if there isn't, I think it would be a great feature to add, that way the song would loop endlessly as it would on a genesis (without the intro played everytime).

You can't make an SPC loop infinitely, but if they're unzipped you can change the track length.

What are you messing with shitty GYM for? Forget that. Get VGM instead, that's the new standard for the Genesis game music format, and the catalog of games that's been ripped for the format is way more complete. I believe they can be looped.

Just get Chipamp for Winamp if you haven't already, and that has the VGM plug-in, or just get the VGM plug in via Project 2612, where you can get all the Genesis chiptunes.

I've already got Chipamp, but it screwed up winamps supported types (for example, mp3 isn't listed, so I have to scroll through the list until all files is selected everytime I want to open a file, plus it didn't detect that it knows how to read each of the chiptune formats). I haven't kept up with chiptunes in a long time, and didn't know there was a new format for genesis...I'll check it out. Thanks.

I've already got Chipamp, but it screwed up winamps supported types (for example, mp3 isn't listed, so I have to scroll through the list until all files is selected everytime I want to open a file, plus it didn't detect that it knows how to read each of the chiptune formats).

I remember that issue; rather annoying. I had to go into the Winamp folder, manually open the Winamp.ini file in a text editor to fix that. The 5th or 6th line in the Winamp.ini has a list of extension Winamp recognizes, but it actually stops working on the earliest ones listed once you go over a certain amount of extensions. Just trim some off.

I have my lines like this:

extlist=CDA:MPG:MPEG:M2V:AVI:ASF:WMV:MID:MIDI:RMI:KAR:MIZ:mod:mdz:nst:stm:stz:s3m:s3z:it:itz:xm:xmz:mtm:ult:669:far:amf:okt:ptm:MP3:MP2:MP1:AAC:NSV:NSA:OGG:WAV:VOC:AU:SND:AIF:AIFF:wma:m3u:pls

defext=mp3

Recognizes those extensions while MP3 is the default extension.