OCR on OurStage - Two top 10 placements, thanks guys!

zircon

Jill actually came in 2nd overall with "Avalon", in the finals, and Audix nabbed 6th with "Rising Impact". Very impressive showing, and it's an excellent reminder that the finals are ANYONE'S game. The OCR peeps didn't show up in the top 10 until the last hour or so.

Most importantly, THANK YOU to everyone here that voted, at any stage, any number of times. I mean that sincerely. You're making a big difference in the lives of the people that participate in this competition and we really appreciate that deeply.

Looks like both Audix tracks and Jill's got 1st in their respective categories. Congratulations to the two of you :D

Yeah, that's how we artists get into the finals to begin with. The finals are the #1 in each genre, competing again each other for the last round. :>

And wow, that was insane. I went from 30th to 2nd in the last hour and a half. It really does jump like mad. But let's hope next month is another good one for OCR! It'd be great to see zircon, sgx, and other new folks get back in the game.

Hopefully in that getting to the quarterfinals is kind of hit or miss and you can't much influence by asking for votes because there are so many entries it takes a lot of voting for other people until you get to your song once in a while.

I'm pretty sure a lot of us would do well, but not as well without support from OCR and other places voting for us. So, I'll be asking for votes again, assuming I get into quarters.

Yeah, I'd like to chime in with my thanks as well. It was definitely reassuring going into the last hour of the finals knowing all the people that were behind us. It wasn't to be this time, but that doesn't diminish the community's contribution at all.

I'll probably be in a couple categories this month again, we'll see. I'm hitting a wall cause' I don't want to show off too many of my album tracks yet. Look for an album preview soon. :)

So what is everyone entering this month? I'm doing...

"Shadows" feat. Jill - Techno/Club/Dance

"Nimbus" - Electronic/Electro-Pop

"Throwdown" - DJ/Beats

"House of Cards" - Rock Instrumental

"Drum & Bossa" - Instrumental

"Rainforest Majesty" - New Age/World

"Flying Heaven" - Cover Bands

Feeling best, based on current standings, about Shadows, Rainforest Majesty, and Drum and Bossa.

I also entered the undying "Until Forever" in Electronic/Electro-Pop and it seems to be fairing pretty well so far. I consider it to be my "gloves-off" track. A failsafe, as it were.

Pretty wicked tune there. I assume that rankings this early in the month mean nothing though, but if they do, I'm boned 2/3 times (My Missouri track is 5 in electronic for some reason I can't figure out)

New Age/World - Make It Last

Techno/Club/Dance - Feelings of Freedom (Jayy)

We'll probably add a new song into this months competition. Hopefully we'll become an Overclocked Remixer before this month is up, we'll feel alot better recieving votes from you guys.