Zelda: Oracle of Ages 'Essence of Lime' [See community board]

Hi,

I was playing around with Ralph's theme. I have little experience with remixing but might as well start somewhere. I kept most of the midi's notes in tack in this file. I only have Finale 2008 to work with. First upload :-)

Give me your suggetions :)

http://mp3upload.ca/download/8965/ralphtheme1.mp3

Hah, one reason I'm here; I love Ralph! Bearing in mind that I know absolutely nothing about musical theory, I'll still try to give my feedback. :P

I like it a lot, and I like the instruments you used. However, it does seem a bit..."tinny" (?) compared to the other tracks here. Maybe its just the diffferent software you were using. Also, I'm not sure about whatever comes in at around 0:26. Somehow they just don't seem to fit the overall mood of the song, and seem to reverberate (is that right? :s) a bit. Maybe you could also try adding a song that fits Ralph as well to the mix?

Its pretty good though! Well done!

(Feel free to totally disregard everything I've written since I really know nothing about music. XDD)

Anyone still interested in joining can find most of the sources for the remaining tracks HERE.

Last unclaimed tracks: (in alphabetical order)

Credits

Crescent Moon Island

Crown Dungeon

Ending Theme 1

Ending Theme 2

Evil Spreading

Fairies' Woods

Here Comes Maple!

Just Another Mad Dash!

Maple's Mad Dash

Room of Rites

Symmetry City (present)

Symmetry Village (past)

The Great Moblin

Trouble on the Raft!

Twinrova Battle

Dropping in to say that Spirit's Grave has been claimed by myself, and that Hangman Delta's sig for the project is pretty kick-ass. And please people, go to the project forum and contribute. Yes, this also goes out to all those of you who check out the thread, but aren't saying anything. We still love you :nicework:

Hey Hylian Lemon, i love the EsscenceOfLime intro, but i think the beat at 2:11 to 2:15 should last a bit longer with the rest of the song still playing over it, because that beats just cool lol. Also i will try and do some banners for this within the next couple of days

Some unfortunate news to all; two a day ago my PC finally crapped out and I'm still trying to recover all of the projects I've been working on. I have pretty much no access to anything, but I'm still currently trying to get my work onto a flashdrive. It's really pissing me off because I was almost done with some of my best work on Spirit's Grave, but of course something bad to happen. I will be trying my best to get a new computer ASAP, so any help would be appreciated as far as suggestions would be great.

I posted a thread about it in the Community.

Thanks Krow! I really wanted to contribute to this project, tho i'm not that great of a composer, (not to mention no recording equipment whatsoever, haha) but i really excel in visual arts, so I made a wicked album cover, and then reworked it in to a banner as well, so lemon could have some artistic consistency for the project!

Huzzah!

Dropping in to say that Spirit's Grave has been claimed by myself, and that Hangman Delta's sig for the project is pretty kick-ass. And please people, go to the project forum and contribute. Yes, this also goes out to all those of you who check out the thread, but aren't saying anything. We still love you :nicework:

Hey Hylian Lemon, I wanted to add, I really dig the essence of lime track. Its a pretty damn enjoyable remix.That being said, I wanted to offer some constructive critisism on the song Swordbeams. While its not a bad track, the drum loops are REALLY repetitive. Mixing the Gameboy digital sounds is pretty cool, and very fitting when you look at the game its from, I just think the drums could use a little variation!.

Hey Hylian Lemon, I wanted to add, I really dig the essence of lime track. Its a pretty damn enjoyable remix.That being said, I wanted to offer some constructive critisism on the song Swordbeams. While its not a bad track, the drum loops are REALLY repetitive. Mixing the Gameboy digital sounds is pretty cool, and very fitting when you look at the game its from, I just think the drums could use a little variation!.

True; that was me being lazy and newgroundsy. :< But that can be fixed pretty easily.

For anyone who might be interested in the boss or miniboss tracks, I'm withdrawing my claim on them for now; I have some work done on them, but I'm not the greatest at that kind of high-energy track. I'll finish them if necessary, but someone else could definitely do a better job on them.

At ease, I finally got it to work. I had completely forgotten about Safe Mode, so I fixed it running from there; for now anyway. Expect version one of my Spirit's Grave mix tonight, once it's done rendering. FL studio can be touchy when it comes to rendering time, I just don't understand sometimes :?

Please excuse, the double post, but I have now completed the Spirit's Grave track I call "Tombstone Factory". Please let me know what you think; I myself think I could have done a little more on the mastering, but you can only do so much. Anything you feel will make it more awsm please feel free to express. It will be posted on the Project Forum shortly.

stats.png

For anyone who might be interested in the boss or miniboss tracks, I'm withdrawing my claim on them for now; I have some work done on them, but I'm not the greatest at that kind of high-energy track. I'll finish them if necessary, but someone else could definitely do a better job on them.

If some epic-orchestral remake that doesn't necessarily involves electric guitar ( again :mrgreen: ) interests you, I could cook something for one of these...

Or maybe we could collab? Cause it would be a waste if you've already done that much work on it.

Krow, your 'Tombstone Factory' sounds great. The overall volume is a bit loud, but I liked your interpretation. Cheers.

If some epic-orchestral remake that doesn't necessarily involves electric guitar ( again :mrgreen: ) interests you, I could cook something for one of these...

Or maybe we could collab? Cause it would be a waste if you've already done that much work on it.

Boss and miniboss have actually already been reclaimed (by Sockpuppet5). :< If you're interested enough, you can take them as well--we already have a couple tracks that are claimed by multiple people--but I'd rather have the other tracks filled first.

And don't worry about the work I already did on it. I am more than happy to just let that project file rot.

Boss and miniboss have actually already been reclaimed (by Sockpuppet5). :< If you're interested enough, you can take them as well--we already have a couple tracks that are claimed by multiple people--but I'd rather have the other tracks filled first.

And don't worry about the work I already did on it. I am more than happy to just let that project file rot.

It's okay, actually I would rather take the unclaimed tracks too. I'm commited to do as much as I can to help this project see the light.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm gonna have to donate a post here, since I've viewed the thread so many times...

Alternatively, you could donate something more, such as a track. :<

New track:

[link removed]

Source: Ambi's Palace

Remixer: Hylian Lemon

Last update: 04-16-09

Basically based on the events after Mermaid's Cave. Link searches the palace in search of Nayru, has a battle with NayruVeran, Veran switches over to Queen Ambi, and then Nayru warps herself and Link out of the palace before the guards kill them. Then they're all like "oh noes now the queen is Veran."

Wtf? I just write two words and the message is well, and when I write an entire book OCR told me that the message is too short? That sucks...

Your new track is beautiful, good job. Time for a new music on my mp3 player!

Last week I spoke to a friend, a good drawer, about this album.

First time :

_Hey, do you know someone is remixing all the musics of Zelda : Oracle of Ages?

_Oh yeah, the Subrosians! I want the Subrosians!

_No, it's Oracles of Ages!

_I know, but I want the Subrosians!

8O

Second time, I show him Not bad for a Diva. He enjoyed, but quickly :

_Now, show me the Oracles of Seasons album!

...8O

Yes, he is coming from a manga...

Seriously. He would have done a picture for the album but he still doesn't have time (me neither) with studies, maybe during summer but not now. At least I tried...

PS : What can I do about this st*p*d rule? Three times my message is too short. Next time I will post Great instead of an entire book.

Wtf? I just write two words and the message is well, and when I write an entire book OCR told me that the message is too short? That sucks...

Your new track is beautiful, good job. Time for a new music on my mp3 player!

Last week I spoke to a friend, a good drawer, about this album.

First time :

_Hey, do you know someone is remixing all the musics of Zelda : Oracle of Ages?

_Oh yeah, the Subrosians! I want the Subrosians!

_No, it's Oracles of Ages!

_I know, but I want the Subrosians!

8O

Second time, I show him Not bad for a Diva. He enjoyed, but quickly :

_Now, show me the Oracles of Seasons album!

...8O

Yes, he is coming from a manga...

Seriously. He would have done a picture for the album but he still doesn't have time (me neither) with studies, maybe during summer but not now. At least I tried...

PS : What can I do about this st*p*d rule? Three times my message is too short. Next time I will post Great instead of an entire book.

Haha. I had considered making it an Oracles series project, but I decided that was too much to shoot for. Ages has always been my favorite, so I went for that.

Why do you want to keep this unofficial?

Well, I didn't think there'd be enough interest to warrant quality-control auditions, and I can't really demand near-OCR quality from the contributors if I'm not at that level myself.

i should point out that i haven't forgotten you, lemon. end-of-semester crapped on me recently, and i've been worrying about that. there will be saxophone, yet.

I guess I can forgive you. :<

[link removed] has been updated with a short orchestral intro. Picture Link entering the bright gardens with the palace towering over everything. Then he finds the secret entrance and the drums kick in.