Zelda: Oracle of Ages 'Essence of Lime' [See community board]

Would you mind if I illustrated a album cover for this project? I would love to do one for this because this series brings back so many memories for me. Right now I'm illustrating a book, but I should FINALLY be done with that by the end of this week (good god I am I tired of that project!) and I'll get started on this as soon as I can, hey at least I could enjoy this one. I'll probably use the painter and photoshop and do digital work if that's all right.

Here is some of my work

retr0man.deviantart.com

mao-of-flame.deviantart.com

The first one on there, is my main work now, I need to move all of my stuff from the mao-of-flame one to my new account... If I can figure out my password first...

Back from the western coast! I'm left wondering why so many people don't live in San Francisco. Anyway, I still have a four-day conference thingy starting Thursday, but one of my trips has been postponed until later this summer. So I won't be gone as long as I had planned this month.

I love all things Zelda and really like what you guys have done so far. Here are three possible alternate cd covers I'd like to submit to you guys.

[Link] http://www.flickr.com/photos/35701266@N08/3621074190/

[Nayru] http://www.flickr.com/photos/35701266@N08/3620254931/

[Veran] http://www.flickr.com/photos/35701266@N08/3621074496/

Thanks for contributing! I've saved them with the other covers. Right now I'm assuming that by "alternate" you mean you're not interested in consideration for the official site's graphic design and stuff. Let me know if you are, and I'll put you on that list instead!

I wanted to listen to this, but I saw the intro post and got confused and the last page has a new track? This thread is confusing :(

(Yes, I am lazy)

I had been posting all the tracks in the first post, but I ran out of room. You can find an up-to-date list of all the completed and work-in-progress tracks on the temporary website.

Would you mind if I illustrated a album cover for this project? I would love to do one for this because this series brings back so many memories for me. Right now I'm illustrating a book, but I should FINALLY be done with that by the end of this week (good god I am I tired of that project!) and I'll get started on this as soon as I can, hey at least I could enjoy this one. I'll probably use the painter and photoshop and do digital work if that's all right.

Here is some of my work

retr0man.deviantart.com

mao-of-flame.deviantart.com

The first one on there, is my main work now, I need to move all of my stuff from the mao-of-flame one to my new account... If I can figure out my password first...

Go ahead! Are you going to be offering it as a purely alternate cover or would you like to be eligible for official status (designing site graphics)?

I'd go for either really, I've already finished designing the logo, I finally got a solid idea for what I want the cover to look like. I don't want to spoil anything though, but I'll say it should really capture a lot of Oracle of Ages Spirit!

Back from the western coast! I'm left wondering why so many people don't live in San Francisco. Anyway, I still have a four-day conference thingy starting Thursday, but one of my trips has been postponed until later this summer. So I won't be gone as long as I had planned this month.

Thanks for contributing! I've saved them with the other covers. Right now I'm assuming that by "alternate" you mean you're not interested in consideration for the official site's graphic design and stuff. Let me know if you are, and I'll put you on that list instead!

I had been posting all the tracks in the first post, but I ran out of room. You can find an up-to-date list of all the completed and work-in-progress tracks on the temporary website.

Go ahead! Are you going to be offering it as a purely alternate cover or would you like to be eligible for official status (designing site graphics)?

I could design the site's graphics as well, should I be selected for that job. The word alternate weighed on my mind because I had three versions and wanted to give people a few choices. I don't really get online very much these days, so please excuse me if a week or more passes between my responses.

Here is the logo for my cover art, starting to work on characters in photoshop and painter now.

If its not too much...could you do something with Ralph in it? Sorry, I've just loved that guy since I was eleven and the game first came out, and I guess I never got over it ^^;. Sorry if its more work XDD.

If its not too much...could you do something with Ralph in it? Sorry, I've just loved that guy since I was eleven and the game first came out, and I guess I never got over it ^^;. Sorry if its more work XDD.

No need to worry bud, he was my favorite character in the game, he is in both versions of the cover I am working on.

• 4 weeks later...
By popular demand (i.e. Hylian's PM :wink:), here's a longer version of my mix:

stats.png

Yay! I hoped you'd give in. I really like this track; it's slower and calmer than what I would've done, and it works pretty well.

In other news, I've split up the unclaimed tracks into two categories. There are four more tracks that I'd like to see on the project; if any of them don't get claimed by the end of August, I'll do them myself. Then there's another group of tracks that I won't claim, either because they're based on the overworld theme or because I just don't care about them. Unless someone else claims them, they'll be dropped from the project.

I'd prefer the important tracks to get claimed first, but if any of you prospective remixers see an unimportant track that you really like, go ahead and claim it.

I guess this kind of leads into the deadlines. I'll be contacting the remixers closer to the end of August to inform everyone about the deadlines and to give a final call for any remaining important tracks. Basically:

WIP deadline (at least one minute of work): October 31

Final deadline: December 31

I'm not going to be super strict about the deadlines, but I'm not going to like you if you miss them.

I'M GOING TO MAKE A TRACK FOR THIS NOM NOM NOM!!

Ahem. Anyways, I was thinking of going for Fairie's Woods, see what I can do to make it less annoying. :-P

Sweet. I put you on the list. Post your WIP on the forums when it's ready.

Anyway, I might as well post this here, just in case any fellow OCRians suddenly decide to start giving feedback again. *glares at you, the reader*

[link removed]

Source: Crown Dungeon

Remixer: Hylian Lemon

Last update: 08-05-09

Not the most appealing track to remix...

A few things:

Awesome song, Lemon. I mean.. Just wow. That was such a shitty source (I'm sorry, I know you love all the music in this game, hence the project), and turned it into something worth downloading. Once again, your style shines through on to your song, and I have little to say in order for the song to get "better." (On the music side. I don't have an ear for production to speak of.)

Also, I'll take both Maple songs. I was planning on doing kind of a surprise thing, just showing up with a remix of both of them, but it looks like the last few songs are getting gobbled up. I can't let that happen to the ones I want to do!

Lastly... Umm... No one has said anything about my song (Tempus). If no one has anything to say, and you can't think of anything to add or how to make it better (because I know I have nothing to add), then I propose that we lock up the song.

(Also, on the Maple songs, can we do it like you and I did before? I write a midi and you make it sound good? If not, that's okay. I can manage SOMETHING on my own, but I know you're much better than me at this stuff.)

Awesome song, Lemon. I mean.. Just wow. That was such a shitty source (I'm sorry, I know you love all the music in this game, hence the project), and turned it into something worth downloading. Once again, your style shines through on to your song, and I have little to say in order for the song to get "better." (On the music side. I don't have an ear for production to speak of.)

Thanks! And I don't really like that source either. It's an ok song, but it was hell to work with. :<

Also, I'll take both Maple songs. I was planning on doing kind of a surprise thing, just showing up with a remix of both of them, but it looks like the last few songs are getting gobbled up. I can't let that happen to the ones I want to do!

(Also, on the Maple songs, can we do it like you and I did before? I write a midi and you make it sound good? If not, that's okay. I can manage SOMETHING on my own, but I know you're much better than me at this stuff.)

LET'S DO IT

Lastly... Umm... No one has said anything about my song (Tempus). If no one has anything to say, and you can't think of anything to add or how to make it better (because I know I have nothing to add), then I propose that we lock up the song.

I'm still thinking about going to #ocrwip with it; I think an arrangement that cool deserves some better production, and I could use some ideas about how to do that.

Tracklist update:

There are two more important tracks left: The Maku Tree and Veran Defeated (which is labeled as "Credits & Staff Roll" even though it's not).

And two unimportant tracks: Just Another Mad Dash! and The Great Moblin.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo. Sorry it's been so long since I showed up, I've been working so much that I haven't had time to keep following the project... Now that school is almost starting again I'll actually have more free time than I did -_-.

Anyway, the Overworld theme that I was originally working on... I did complete a decent chunk of the song and so far it turned out the way I wanted, but that was probably early June or even earlier. I did have someone that was planning to help, buuuuuuut they had to go on vacation last minute so the song went to hell.

I lost pretty much all my creative inspiration for this song, so if anyone wants to pick up from where I left off feel free to let me know and I'll whip up a MIDI or flp file. I've only actually completed one song over this summer, and that was an original piece for my "band" (I know it should have been the project song :P).

Well, other than all that, it's good to be back!

EDIT: Oh yes, I also want to fix up my Lynna City song. Going back and listening to it a couple times made me go "bleh".