Zelda: Oracle of Ages 'Essence of Lime' [See community board]

Here's a tip: slow down the tempo, maybe?

Yeah, my thoughts were to make it slower and darker, kind of like if the fairies had a dark and sad side. :-P

^ this. Believe me, I tried...

Whatever you do, don't pitch the lead upward, PLEASE! :mrgreen:

No worries there; as I said, working on making it darker and sadder. :)

We should just all put our minds together and do a super-remix of Faries Woods. With all of us together it'll turn out.... alright.:tomatoface:

I'm up for whatever. Once I get a WIP up or something... well, who knows? If it goes in a specific direction that I want to finish, I can always take it down the path as well as see where someone else wants to go with it. Two versions, like a past and present. :D

I don't want to hear any new or newly appended material yet. All I want before this gets released is an update in the forums' track list to show what has a WIP and what's finished, and THAT's if there is anything to update there.

As for the Faeries's Woods, I'd have to agree with the slower, darker theme. Sometimes, if a style doesn't match the original environment, it's still the only way to make a good track.

Wait a minute...

When did you take down the googlepages site for Essence of Lime, Lemon? It's all... your stuff now :?. (The face is in sarcasm, before I get shot)

(I, oddly, was really liking that stie. Very simple design). Now it looks like I'll have to sign up to the proboards forum in order to hear the songs on our neat little project. (Yes, I know I should have done this months ago.)

A while back I came to the same decision as GTAHater...figured it would be cool if I didn't release every single track before the project was done. So I restricted forum access and took down the site. I'm still allowing people to post WIPs here or wherever, but I've stopped doing it myself since people pretty much stopped giving critique after the first few pages.

And we'll see about Fairies' Woods. I do like Hitori's idea about a past and present version, given the fact that there isn't much new music in between the first and second dungeons. We'll let Hitori finish and then decide whether anyone wants to do a massive collab happy present version, letting the darker version represent the past. For now, everyone focus on your own tracks.

I was just being sarcastic about the massive collab of the song.

Sarcasm does not undermine the inherent perfection of this idea. :<

Hmm....so this is what all those Limers are talking about, a limey project about limes...run by a guy named lemon. Ironic.

It's part of the Lemon-Lime Coexistence Movement. I'm so ahead of my time, it doesn't even exist yet.

But it will. Oh, it will.

I appreciate the effort. That's one less email I have to send.

And I think "somewhat not crappy" would be a more appropriate descriptor. The percussion and the arrangement are great. Some of the synths could maybe use some improvement (the first thing you hear sounds kind of out of tune), but I'm not having any strong reactions against them. Protodome might be able to give suggestions or approval; he's good at chippy fusion stuff. You might post this on the project forum and see if you can get his attention. Whenever you're ready to start revising, anyway.

get his attention.

Hrm? We're talking about me already? Cool. You've got my undivided attention for the next few minutes. Right. I actually really liked this, some bits could do with some improvement I think... For example, some leads don't fly too well with me, there's this squarish synth I don't dig so much; I think all the synths could do with a bit of an 'upgrade'. You won me over with :57-:59 I really loved that bit. I think the detune thing is intentional HL, some of the harmonies are dischordant to some degree- I like that though.

My vote is to let Mr Puppet see what he can do then criticize, because from seemingly out of nowhere he has made some magic.

Thanks guys. =) At the moment I think this is such an early WIP that it's not really worth posting it on the forums. I have a lot of ideas for it (I'm not completely sure how I'm going to get to them though...) and like you both said I need to fix the sounds. The out-of-tune stuff was all unintentional :oops:. I might leave some of it in though.

You won me over with :57-:59 I really loved that bit.

Woah, I'm actually really surprised. I was sure I stuffed that up. :lol:

I'll try and get some more done soon, although I'm having a few motivation and computer problems (the sequencer keeps crashing when I play to many channels. Like about 6.).

And unfortunately, Ganon's League of Evil is still going nowhere. =(

Thanks guys. =) At the moment I think this is such an early WIP that it's not really worth posting it on the forums. I have a lot of ideas for it (I'm not completely sure how I'm going to get to them though...) and like you both said I need to fix the sounds.

I think that's why you should post on the forums. If you have trouble trying to make the idea you want then there's probably someone who can.

The out-of-tune stuff was all unintentional :oops:. I might leave some of it in though.

Tut tut, and I stuck up for you. :<

• 2 weeks later...

All tracks have been claimed!

I've finally reached all the people who hadn't been in contact since claiming their tracks. Most of them are sticking with the project, and no tracks have been reopened. I've decided that a final deadline of December 31 may be unrealistic at this point, and vague sort-of deadlines aren't enough motivation. Therefore, December 31 is now the WIP deadline. The final deadline should be soon after, if we have everything.

This time, if you fail to meet the deadline, your track will be reopened. No exceptions. The track will then go to whoever gets me a minute-long WIP first (which may or may not be you). I'm hoping that winter break will give everyone an opportunity to get done or close to done, so don't let me down!

Basically, this is me giving leeway and being more strict at the same time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The WIP deadline has passed. Not a bad turnout.

But Trouble on the Raft is open again. To claim it you'll need to send me a minute-long WIP.

I won't be too upset if it doesn't end up on the project. Pretty sure it wasn't in the game. But I guess it must've been on the cartridge, because it's always in soundtrack collections. Anyway, it sounds pretty Oraclesy, and I like it, so that's why it's on the list. Whatever. It's not really important, but I'm not going to turn down remixes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we've got official confirmation on the project's unofficial status. However, ProtoDome has already infiltrated the site with his overworld mix, so we should be getting a bit of OCR exposure anyway (and of course I'll be advertising elsewhere).

In other news, Ralph's Theme is open again. I'm leaving it open the same way Trouble on the Raft is open: you can't claim it until you have at least a minute of WIP to show me. The final deadline is March 31 if things go as planned. Work fast.

Well, we've got official confirmation on the project's unofficial status.

However, ProtoDome has already infiltrated the site with his overworld mix, so we should be getting a bit of OCR exposure anyway (and of course I'll be advertising elsewhere)

Being un-official shouldn't prevent anyone from subbing their mixes here. On the contrary, this is encouraging that someone led the way. :wink:

Even though I know my songs probably wouldn't pass the bar, I agree with Proto's statement that many tracks from the project could make it on OCR.

A large amount of those WIPs are very close to being done and just need production tweaks here and there (some of them are probably done already, in fact...just unofficially). We're much farther along than the list makes it look, haha. Besides, it's more like two and a half months until the deadline. I'm not too worried about it.

I've adjusted the list to show a more accurate representation of progress.

• 2 months later...