The Incredible Hulk

Nohbody

Saw it last night. It was a shit ton better than the other one. The fights were awesome, and there were more of them. The final one doesn't feel anti-climactic either, and it was freakin rage/awesome/hulksmashing. Go see it. Not quite as good as Ironman overall, but the action sequences were very well done.

Oh, and PS: Continuity :D Don't wanna spoil anything. But it does make me giddy.

Saw it last night. It was a shit ton better than the other one. The fights were awesome, and there were more of them. The final one doesn't feel anti-climactic either, and it was freakin rage/awesome/hulksmashing. Go see it. Not quite as good as Ironman overall, but the action sequences were very well done.

Oh, and PS: Continuity :D Don't wanna spoil anything. But it does make me giddy.

Awesome news man. Yeah, I have not seen the older version that every one says sucks, but I gotta tell ya, this looks like a great movie right here. I actually was never a huge fan of the Hulk to begin with, until I purchased Hulk Ultimate Destruction for the PS2. That game kicked f-ing ass, and I was excited to see some of the moves featured in that game being used in the trailer. The steel fists is especially epic. (that's when Hulk rips apart a car and uses the two halves as boxing gloves) That's straight from the game, along with the shockwave smash and some others. Lol, even when he kicks that one military guy in the trailer. (There's a move in the game where you can punt citizens like footballs.) Abomination is the big boss from Ultimate Destruction, as well as in the movie, which, as Blake mentioned, will provide a really sweet final scene. So yeah, I'm really excited to see this and watch my gameplay memories up on the big screen. And to anyone who has not played Ultimate Destruction, rent it or something, cause it's one of the most fun game's I've personally ever played. Who doesn't want to play a free roaming game where you beat shit up? :<

By the way Blake Perdue your mixes are fantastic! Big fan.

Saw it today, it was average maybe below average

There was just enough fighting for it to not suck. Tony Starks had the best acting in the entire film. The drama stuff bored me to the point of zzz

I was a big fan of the live action TV show and this compared to that was lame. Very let down

The movie was a tad worse than Ang Lee's Hulk IMO. Which says something. Also, I'm not anticipating the whole Captain America and Avengers thing. After Fantastic Four movies and the latest X-men movie, they're digging themselves a grave for the quality of Marvel movies. That, and Iron Man was only serviceable and nothing really special IMO. They worry too much about the token formula of slapping a superhero with a female co-star who has no real role to play, then fighting an inconsequential super villain.

I think I'm mostly done with comic book movies now. I have no faith in Marvel Studios. At all.

Speaking of Edward Norton versus Eric Bana, I think Bana did a way better job because he was pretty disturbed by his Hulk transformation. Norton? He just whines like a schoolkid about it.

The movie was a tad worse than Ang Lee's Hulk IMO. Which says something. Also, I'm not anticipating the whole Captain America and Avengers thing. After Fantastic Four movies and the latest X-men movie, they're digging themselves a grave for the quality of Marvel movies. That, and Iron Man was only serviceable and nothing really special IMO. They worry too much about the token formula of slapping a superhero with a female co-star who has no real role to play, then fighting an inconsequential super villain.

I think I'm mostly done with comic book movies now. I have no faith in Marvel Studios. At all.

Speaking of Edward Norton versus Eric Bana, I think Bana did a way better job because he was pretty disturbed by his Hulk transformation. Norton? He just whines like a schoolkid about it.

I find your comments about Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk hard to agree with. I don't really think people cared if Norton acted disturbed. They just wanted to see stuff torn up. They both fulfilled their respective roles as good summer blockbusters. Also, Ironman and The Incredible Hulk are the first movies that Marvel is actually heading, as opposed to having their rights bought and used by other studios for movies such as X-Men and F 4.

Yeah, but other studios also did the earlier X-men, Spider-man and other Marvel movies much more justice than they would do so otherwise. I honestly couldn't care any more if Marvel has the property 100% or not. If the movies are going to be this bland and streamlined (in a very, very bad way), I think something is wrong with that picture. Apparently Marvel has messed around with their comic industry with their extreme corporate image, and I guess the same thing is happening with their movies. No surprise I guess.

As for Norton playing the Hulk, that is the very basis of the problem. If Spider-man/Peter Parker wasn't torn about his duty and superstar image, that would not be spider-man. If Hulk's alter ego is not torn up about his monster alter-ego, something isn't right there. At least Iron Man had a charismatic (if extremely predictable and cliche) Tony Stark. I just found it hard to care for Norton's Banner.

In a nutshell. If you like a movie with alot of action, get your butt up in watch this movie. Real awesome.

Comparing Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, good acting goes to Iron Man (c'mon its Robert. Why not?), good action movie goes to The Incredible Hulk. (Abomination was sick.)

Way better than the Hulk.

Well duh, you're comparing someone whose just received the mutation with one who's coming to terms with that curse.

As for Norton playing the Hulk, that is the very basis of the problem. If Spider-man/Peter Parker wasn't torn about his duty and superstar image, that would not be spider-man. If Hulk's alter ego is not torn up about his monster alter-ego, something isn't right there. At least Iron Man had a charismatic (if extremely predictable and cliche) Tony Stark. I just found it hard to care for Norton's Banner.

Spider-Man is a nerd who is no longer a loser because he has super powers. In depth and repeated emo retrospective about his powers is not preferred. You sound like you enjoyed number 3. Spider-Man has the whole "With great power..." bit, yes, but it's not priority.

Hulk is a man who avoids society because of the danger his very angry alter-ego poses when he smashes the beJesus out of everything in sight. Again, the emo "Oh my God I'm a monster!" retrospective is present, but doesn't take priority. I paid money for the smashy, not the whiney.

These are comic book movies, they're not going to be oscar worthy material. Ang Lee tried, and that was his mistake.

No Product Placement = Awesome

the fact that Incredible had no real product placement makes it seem like a normal movie not a summer block buster.

in fact, almost all the product placement was fictional. Stark Industries. makes Spider Man seem sorta like a sell out...

Iron Man was rote. So was this. Though one can argue that this is passable because it's a summer movie. Then again, I watched Kung Fu Panda and I thought it was leagues ahead of either. It's somewhat ironic that I cared more for cartoon characters than the human beings playing live action movies.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw all but the last 20 minutes of it!!!!!! how gay is that. I had to go to work at 2 and I didnt want to get fired so i left early. It was right at the part where that asshole army guy who is not william hurt was saying Im pissed of and ready for round 3.

CRAP!!!! now I have to buy another movie ticket and calculate when to walk into the theater so that I pick up where I left off...

I watched this movie in a midnight viewing with a friend since we watched the previous Hulk movie together. This was definitely better than Ang Lee's version. It incoporated a lot of different aspects of the character from different interpretations. As a whole, it was really a treat for Marvel fans and that's why I liked it. They poked fun at themselves at certain moments, but also had enough drama and action to keep it moving. For example, honoring the purple shorts and also the pizzeria, Stanley's, which I am going to say is a play on words for Stan Lee's. Though the script could have been better, I don't think it would have completely changed the movie. In the action scenes, I really do like the fact that they do go out of their way to add in moves from the fighting games like MvC2.

Personally, I find the Hulk to be a rather boring character when compared to other Marvel characters. So there's really not too much you can draw from when doing a feature film on him. Because of this limitation, I think that the best Hulk movie can't possibly be better than the best Ironman movie. But it can be good in its own right.

For this film, I think that if you are a true comic book fan, then you will like it, if not love it. As an outsider not familiar with anything at all, you will probably not like it or find it mediocre at best.

Personally, I find the Hulk to be a rather boring character when compared to other Marvel characters. So there's really not too much you can draw from when doing a feature film on him. Because of this limitation, I think that the best Hulk movie can't possibly be better than the best Ironman movie. But it can be good in its own right.

For this film, I think that if you are a true comic book fan, then you will like it, if not love it. As an outsider not familiar with anything at all, you will probably not like it or find it mediocre at best.

You nailed it.

I had to go to work at 2 and I didnt want to get fired so i left early. It was right at the part where that asshole army guy who is not william hurt was saying Im pissed of and ready for round 3.

WHAT!?! The last scene was probably the best part in the movie. GO WATCH IT!!!