The Incredible Hulk

Nohbody

I need to find a way to convince my friends that this was not a sequel.

They seem to think that this was a direct sequel because hulk had the same origin.

I think they are on crack.

they sure are. All incredible hulk stories have the same origin. main characters get exposed to science and get super powers. (just like every other marvel story line.)

not a sequel just like batman begins but this hulk happened 5 years after the last one instead of 8 years for batman begins to come out after the craptastic Batman and Robin.

also this Hulk just looks so much better than the brock lesnar looking fatty hulk. this one was also a little more emotional as the hulk and just way more believable

Knowing nothing about the Hulk besides what I read on the back of the various games about him, I was interested in seeing the movie. I was pretty impressed by it, especially the CG effects.

More than that, though, I liked that they managed to keep a good (if cliched) storyline throughout. The story made sense, was somewhat dramatic, and did a good job of tying the action sequences together. It was better at this than a lot of other movies of a similar nature. In Transformers, for instance, any story sequences felt like a high-quality video taking forever to buffer; here, the story was more important to the plot. Of course, several people cheered at "Hulk Smash!" so I guess the plot ultimately wasn't that important, but I digress.

In sum, I liked the movie. It wasn't anything spectacular, it probably won't win any awards (except maybe for special effects), and the story, while interesting and compelling at parts, was fairly generic overall. Despite this, it's a fun movie to watch, and I'm glad for having seen it.

What the fuck? Someone keeps removing my fucking posts for no reason at all!

To repeat what I had posted before:

I was pretty impressed by it, especially the CG effects.

There were a few scenes where they fucked up. The scene where the Hulk is carrying what's-her-face down a creek, watch his feet. For a guy that's over twelve feet tall and weights over a ton, he's pretty light on his feet, not splashing the water like that.

Little details like that stand out for some reason.

Awesome news man. Yeah, I have not seen the older version that every one says sucks, but I gotta tell ya, this looks like a great movie right here. I actually was never a huge fan of the Hulk to begin with, until I purchased Hulk Ultimate Destruction for the PS2. That game kicked f-ing ass, and I was excited to see some of the moves featured in that game being used in the trailer. The steel fists is especially epic. (that's when Hulk rips apart a car and uses the two halves as boxing gloves) That's straight from the game, along with the shockwave smash and some others. Lol, even when he kicks that one military guy in the trailer. (There's a move in the game where you can punt citizens like footballs.) Abomination is the big boss from Ultimate Destruction, as well as in the movie, which, as Blake mentioned, will provide a really sweet final scene. So yeah, I'm really excited to see this and watch my gameplay memories up on the big screen. And to anyone who has not played Ultimate Destruction, rent it or something, cause it's one of the most fun game's I've personally ever played. Who doesn't want to play a free roaming game where you beat shit up? :<

By the way Blake Perdue your mixes are fantastic! Big fan.

hmmm i liked both but i do think this one was better.

What the fuck? Someone keeps removing my fucking posts for no reason at all!

To repeat what I had posted before:

There were a few scenes where they fucked up. The scene where the Hulk is carrying what's-her-face down a creek, watch his feet. For a guy that's over twelve feet tall and weights over a ton, he's pretty light on his feet, not splashing the water like that.

Little details like that stand out for some reason.

You know, thats so true. I remember watching the "Making of" of Jurassic Park, they were explaining the T-rex scene. and one of the little details they put in with CGI afterwards was the splashing of puddles. and it completely tied the whole scene together.

they showed a before and after comparison. and after seeing it with the puddle splash, it felt like something was missing when watching the no splash clip. small details are key with CGI.

but in general, i think that props and animatronics combined with CGI and stop-motion animation give the most believable experiences.