Guiness World Records...Gamer's Edition

MechaFone

So I bought this incredible book at Best Buy today. It's a World Records that has over two hundred pages of information, trivia and facts about video games and their creators, including future developments. I suggest this book to any serious or newbie gamer, if only to see the incredible roots of the gamer and his/her entertaimnent over the last 25 years. This book is incredible...I'll post pictures later, if possible.

I'm guessing it's just this site but more fleshed out and less updateable.

http://gamers.guinnessworldrecords.com/

Seems like a lot of their "records" is just normal trivia and statistics, most of which can be found on Wikipedia or something.

It must have some pretty damn cool layout thing going on to be worth putting into a book.

I just got the book for my birthday, actually.

I sat down and thumbed through it, and it's really an interesting read. I mean sure, you can find any of the information in it online somewhere, but the thing is, most of the information in there is info you wouldn't think to actually bother looking up.

There's a few oddball omissions from the book though, such as in the Final Fantasy section, Final Fantasy VII is actually barely even mentioned. (Ex; It's not in the speedruns section, whereas every other PSX FF game is)

I also wish they had a section on Silent Hill. A little disappointing, when they have sections on both Resident Evil and Alone in the Dark, but oh well :)

It's a good book though, and I definitely recommend it.

I also wish they had a section on Silent Hill. A little disappointing, when they have sections on both Resident Evil and Alone in the Dark, but oh well :)

On the basis that it left out a major series... It definitely will not have a place in my extesive library >:[

It similar to the idea of me buying a car but with the axle part missing on the front and instead the builders just welded the two front tires for the lulz... forget it