OCR Cribs (the "Post Pics of your Studio Area" thread!)

Haha you know it :D They sound beautiful.

Heh, I was originally looking at some Yorkville YSM1P MKII Monitors I saw in a flyer for a local music equipment store... then I saw them, and they are HUEG!!!.. so I settled for some of these. I figured I didnt need those huge ones (nevermind the fact that they would never fit in my room :P.).

So now I have..

Two 21.6 Inch Displays

Two KRK Rokit 5 Studio Monitors

A pair of AKG K240 MKII Studio Headphones

A Sweet Ass Custom Built Computer

A nice keyboard for midi

A nice set of electronic drums :D

I dont think I need to buy anything else for a little while (hardware wise anyways)

My new studio - Yamaha Motif XS! I took out a 0% interest loan especially for this, more details for UK people here:

http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/takeitaway/

Software wise I've still got Reason installed but I'm not sure if I'll be using it much if at all now (I just have to find a good free rex vst player). I'm using Cubase AI that comes with the keyboard and I'll be getting T-racks 3 soon for mastering (I could use Reason for mastering but T-racks demo gave me a better sounding result).

st.jpgRk.jpg

Amp is Cambridge Audio azur 340A SE, silver box is a Behringer MDX 4600 that I use as a permanent send effect (parallel compression) - I got it half price at Cash Convertors, they didn't know what it was, hahah! . The top box is just a cheap fm radio, looks good though. The mixer is a Tapco blend 6. Speakers still Eltax silverstone 200s, had them for 7 years now and they still sound great.

sp.jpg

I've still got a long way to go before I really learn the ins and outs of this board, but damn these instruments sound nice:

Deja vu again

Alright, finally got everything setup in my home studio here.

Pics:

CIMG1045.JPG

Keyboard is a Korg N1 88-key fully weighted

Samson CO1U Mic

32" LCD TV I just bought that I'm doubling as a monitor

Basic Creative 5.1 speakers (not for mixing, I use headphones)

Off-color table top is Nebraska Furniture Mart's fault :/, correct color won't arrive till April

CIMG1046.JPG

Personally I don't see why people get so hot any horny about the Motifs. I used one for a couple years and wasn't too enthralled with it, perhaps other than the capability of the VL-1 addon board. For the money, I really think you can build a screaming rack sampler PC and get a nice MIDI controller.

Well, I do agree with you there, but as far as a single piece of hardware goes, they're not bad :)

Naturally, you get better quality with VSTs.

Alright, finally got everything setup in my home studio here.

Pics:

CIMG1045.JPG

Keyboard is a Korg N1 88-key fully weighted

Samson CO1U Mic

32" LCD TV I just bought that I'm doubling as a monitor

Basic Creative 5.1 speakers (not for mixing, I use headphones)

Off-color table top is Nebraska Furniture Mart's fault :/, correct color won't arrive till April

CIMG1046.JPG

You hurt my poverty... :(

Awesome setup, in other words. :P

• 3 weeks later...

My new setup. My PC and DJ equipment, previously in the same room, now had to be separated. I just moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago, so there's more adjustments to be made.

Computer stuff in the bedroom:

PC/Hackintosh with FL Studio and Cubase LE

Roland MC-505 Groovebox

Sennheiser HD-201 for mixing (I don't use speakers)

stoodeo1fe5.th.jpg

stoodeo2jn8.th.jpg

The reason my PC is on its side is because the one day the fan in my graphics card decided to fall low against its casing, making a rattling noise. Turning it sideways is my temporary fix, until I can try to fix the fan myself.

DJ stuff in the living room:

decks5en9.th.jpg

Missing is the Lexicon audio interface which I'll plug in once I figure out how to get my PC and DJ setup to work as one (is there such a thing as wireless USB?)

• 2 weeks later...

A dell box with transfer rollers for a 5110CN printer, two dell Vostro 1000 laptops (with a third off screen).

We buy a lot of dell computers here; they're cheap enough that if they get destroyed, no one cares. (:

Here's a 9000x2492 of the same image:

http://brahmsbbs.servebbs.org/ocr/desk_big.jpg

All kind of odd goodies around (: